The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   Easy Boots... Cavallo... Your Opinions? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/easy-boots-cavallo-your-opinions-122925/)

RoosHuman 05-09-2012 09:33 PM

Easy Boots... Cavallo... Your Opinions?

Has anyone used Easy Boots or Cavallo boots before? Did you have a good experience with them? What kinds are best for moderate trail riding?

We are thinking about riding the two miles to trailheads near our place. The two miles there and back are on paved back roads and our horses are barefoot. Our Quarab I'm not so worried about. She has nice sturdy hoofs. My Quarter Pony especially tends to rub when walked over pavement. I was thinking about investing in boots for her. I think in the long run it would be more economical than shoeing her.

Just wanted to hear from those who have used them. :)

SouthernTrails 05-10-2012 07:28 AM

I have tried both and another brand for many years on several Horses

Easy boot was the worst, they would not stay on very well.

Cavello and Boa Boots scored about the same, Cavello had a tiny, tiny slight edge overall.

Old Mac G2 I hear a great too, a little expensive, so we never tried them, but I have heard they are the best.

When selecting a size, play close attention to the Manufactures size charts. One Brand fits certain hoof styles better than the other and vice-verse.

Do not use Horse Shoe Sizes to order.......they may not correspond well.

On the average a pair would last about a year with 2-3 heavy rides a month.

kitten_Val 05-10-2012 07:41 AM

RH, I'd suggest to do some search here on "Easy Boot" - there are lost of threads with all different people opinions.

I tried Cavallos and didn't like them: bulky, may rub, and didn't stay on. I used Easy Boot Bares and now Edge and were happy with both (I don't like Epics because of the wiring system). Gloves are very nice (and easiest to put on out of all Easy Boots), but you have to have a perfect fit for them.

garlicbunny 05-10-2012 07:43 AM

Our mare has Easyboot gloves and just love them! They have never come off and we go through a lot of deep mud just getting over to the reserve that we ride at. Even my weak hands can put them on pretty easily and I was worried about that issue before purchasing them.

We just got a pair for our gelding as well last night and will try them out tonight with him.

I also want to mention that we had them fitted by our farrier whom sells them so we didn;t have to worry about not getting the right size. Anyways I highly recommend them, there is nothing I do not like about them.

Good luck!

RoosHuman 05-10-2012 07:44 AM

Okay, thanks!! My mare has very tiny hoofs. When she is shod she is size 00. I was wondering if any of them would fit her well. I may look up the Old Mac G2s! =)

RoosHuman 05-10-2012 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kitten_Val (Post 1493799)
RH, I'd suggest to do some search here on "Easy Boot" - there are lost of threads with all different people opinions.

Will do!

It seems like the Glove is the way to go if choosing Easyboots, then? Just curious, have you had any problems with them rubbing? Our farrier is coming out for trims this Tuesday, I'll ask her for her opinion.

The Easyboot Glove | The Ultimate Horse Hoof Boot | EasyCare Inc.

Skyseternalangel 05-10-2012 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoosHuman (Post 1493805)
Will do!

It seems like the Glove is the way to go if choosing Easyboots, then? Just curious, have you had any problems with them rubbing? Our farrier is coming out for trims this Tuesday, I'll ask her for her opinion.

That's actually what my farrier recommended that I try with my horse. But we won't try for a few more weeks until he gets his feet under control again.

I was looking at Cavallos too but I heard that they rub pretty bad and don't stay on if they aren't a perfect fit (something about hoof shape.. wider than narrower or something)

SouthernTrails 05-10-2012 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoosHuman (Post 1493805)
Will do!

Those look a lot better than the originals we tried, those might work well :)

RoosHuman 05-10-2012 07:56 AM

Hmmm....
EasyCare Fit Kit | Glue-On & Glove Fitting Tool | EasyCare Inc.

Skyseternalangel 05-10-2012 08:07 AM

Lucky for me my farrier is a dealer (that would sound bad out of context!)

But that's a great way to see what size your horse would fit in.

They do have a 90 day warranty too, which is nice!