The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Health (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-health/)
-   -   horse lame, has anyone ever seen this (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-health/horse-lame-has-anyone-ever-seen-122927/)

stacysills02 05-09-2012 10:49 PM

horse lame, has anyone ever seen this

ok my friend horse is lame on his left sholder he has a bump allmost looks like a knot in the muscel. he limping real bad. but when you walk him it looks like hes lame on the right front but the bump on the left. poor boy can barly walk. there thinking he either got kicked or did it running around outside. they have been giving him bute for a few days but no change vets gonna be there 2 marrow. Has anyone ever seen anything like that?

nricutti 05-14-2012 09:12 PM

is the bump hard and does it shift? he could have capped his shoulder. there would be swelling and it requires a vet to set it. I have seen a horse have one for it's whole life and not be bothered by it

stacysills02 05-15-2012 04:50 PM

well vet came out did a ultra sound on his sholder said it was good that he most likly was kicked. she allso did his leg found out he bowed his tendon and has a abset. said to wrap both leg and rub this stuff that has heat on it. after 2 days he doing awsome. vet coming back out thrusday. so hopefully hes gona be ok

Skyseternalangel 05-15-2012 05:06 PM

Yeah he probably got kicked. Will he let you anywhere near it? When my horse was sore on his neck, he violently tried to get his head away from me so be careful.

stacysills02 05-15-2012 09:40 PM

yup lets you touch his sholder all you want. but the leg witht he abset is different wont let you near it thats what i think really buging him. but theyll find out more thrusday.

Skyseternalangel 05-15-2012 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stacysills02 (Post 1501746)
yup lets you touch his sholder all you want. but the leg witht he abset is different wont let you near it thats what i think really buging him. but theyll find out more thrusday.

Yeah have them look at that.

As for the abscessed foot, I don't blame him. Poor guy must be in a world of hurt :/ Have you gotten instructions for it yet? (soaking, wrapping, etc.) ?

stacysills02 05-15-2012 10:13 PM

no not yet vet said it was the tendon. didnt see the abscessed till yesterday. theyve been hosing his foot 3 times a day. i think thats what poped the abscessed out. but he walking pefect now. when they called the vet to ask she said the tendon could be a old injury. so shes coming out agin thrusday. but the horse belongs to a little gurl. she keeps ask if hes gona be ok. i told her that hes walking really good if he has a bowed tendon.