The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   The moment you've all been waiting for! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/moment-youve-all-been-waiting-12297/)

mlkarel2010 07-27-2008 08:24 PM

The moment you've all been waiting for!

So my long awaited show was today. I was entered in 12 events, but dropped 2 (Bareback and Reining). I got 4 purples, 4 blues, and 2 reds.

In showmanship I got a purple, and third place. I was horribly nervous and innately backed Dukey up with two hands :shock: Oh well the top two have been doing this for a VERY long time. Even the the Champion Showman had her hand on the CHAIN of her lead rope :roll: All we did was walk to the judge, stand there and then turn around and trot back.

In halter Dukey got Reserve in geldings 5+ years old. And a purple of course.

Then in Western Pleasure we got a purple and champion. Even though I had to hold onto my hat a few times. But i was disappointed that the class took less than five minutes. I could believe it!

In Western Horsemanship we didn't do a pattern. Instead we did rail work and extended the trot stirrupless. We got a purple in that I got Champion Sr. Horseman.

And then western riding :lol: Which is a ton of flying lead changes and stuff. I swore I was going to lose (even though there was only one other person). I missed one of my leads and totally ran over a cone... :oops: But he went off pattern and got a redo, but I still got champion, and I still don't believe it! Haha, we got a blue not a purple though so I didn't get the big fancy ribbon.

Next is trail horse. It went really good, until the very end. My trainer yelled at me for opening the gate the "wrong" way when we were practicing so I did it his way. Which actually is the WRONG way. Not to mention, Duke decided the gate was out to get him so we never got it closed... :cry: He also decided that he hated my spurs and didn't want to move.

Then speed events, lmao! I don't know if I should even explain. Well, Duke is NOT a speed horse. He's big and slow. And he enjoys stopping in the middle of the pattern. We totally blew barrels and poles (the two red ribbons) and then did fairly OK in keyhole and the flag race.

Anyway, Dukey is glad to be in a stall at the fairgrounds and eat to his heart's desire!

JustDressageIt 07-27-2008 08:33 PM

Congrats! Sounds like you cleaned house! Pictures?

GeminiJumper 07-27-2008 08:38 PM

Yay!!! Congratulations!!!

Brandon 07-27-2008 10:07 PM

Wow mary I am so proud of you, you did real good :D

congrats!

Gaited07 07-28-2008 12:06 AM

Wow, congrats! Sounds like you had a GREAT DAY! :D

PoptartShop 07-28-2008 01:49 AM

Aww that's great, congrats! :)

KANSAS_TWISTER 07-28-2008 02:00 AM

that's great!!!! does that mean state fair now?

mlkarel2010 07-29-2008 12:34 AM

Sorry, pictures are on the way. Can't get on much. TOO much poop to scoop and I'm getting judged on my poop scooping abilities :wink: Dukey's a big boy and poops A LOT! So this is about as active as I'll be the next few days because my car broke down so I can't go back and forth :cry:

No, I can't go to state fair (the entries had to be in a month before the county fair entries and I had to take a billion tests a month earlier too :shock: ) But maybe next year!

Oh, and I met a guy... :lol: We talked a lot at the show and he's a prize winning roper and steer wrestler. It was kinda funny when I beat him in Western Riding even though I told him he would win. Anyway, he keeps stealing my hat :roll: Either that or making fun of Dukey and his cool ribbon (if you saw my bareback post you know what I mean) I even have matching reins for the ribbon :D Anyway, it's late and I have to get up early to scoop poop. And I can't ride Duke at the fair because the only time to do that is from 5:30am-7:30am, and I'm not a morning person! Ugh, they need some serious talking to.

Ok, I'm done now, seriously. And I have to go soon, so, talk to ya'll when I'm finally done with the chaos!

mlkarel2010 08-04-2008 07:59 PM

Oh, and I got reserve in Herdsmanship (my ability to scoop poop and make everything look, uh, clean)

Which sucked because I was the only one doing it in my club and everyone else had like 3 kids and 5 parents...

not to mention Duke is a big boy and makes a lot of messes if you know what i mean :wink:

Vidaloco 08-04-2008 08:12 PM

Wow all those ribbons and a possible bf to boot. Thats a successful showing :wink:
On the trail part, do you have to keep your hand on the gate?