The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Breeds (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/)
-   -   Miniature Appaloosa??? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/miniature-appaloosa-123003/)

Horsecrazy4ever 05-10-2012 06:59 PM

Miniature Appaloosa???

4 Attachment(s)
I have a 9.3H minature gelding... His previous owners said that he is a registered Minature of somesort... of which we have no clue:cry:

Anyhow, my question is... Is there such a breed as a Miniature Appaloosa?
Or what breed do you think he is ?

Notice his hoof coloring.. he also has spots on his skin around his eye's/muzzle.

He is 4 years old(if that helps any)

--- Thanks --- :D

DraftyAiresMum 05-10-2012 10:20 PM

I'm pretty sure minis come in appaloosa coloring. They are just minis sporting appaloosa coloring, not "miniature appaloosas," if that makes sense. And other than different sizes of minis, they are all just minis, generally registered with the AMHA (American Miniature Horse Association) or other similar breed registry.

https://www.google.com/search?q=appa...=1600&bih=1105

themacpack 05-10-2012 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DraftyAiresMum (Post 1494880)
I'm pretty sure minis come in appaloosa coloring. They are just minis sporting appaloosa coloring, not "miniature appaloosas," if that makes sense. And other than different sizes of minis, they are all just minis, generally registered with the AMHA (American Miniature Horse Association) or other similar breed registry.

https://www.google.com/search?q=appa...=1600&bih=1105

Yep - OP, check out "Crayon Box Miniatures" (it's a mini breeder)

Endiku 05-10-2012 10:25 PM

Are you sure that he's registered? Miniature horses can only be registered if they're 36" or shorter. Your boy is 39", so unless he's a registered PONY of some sort (possibly shetland?) someone lied to you.

Otherwise, Drafty is right. There are no registeries for 'miniature paints' 'miniature appaloosas' etc, just miniature horses- and yes. They do come in appy colors. Heck, they come in the whole rainbow of horse colors!

themacpack 05-10-2012 10:26 PM

Also, if he is truly 9.3, that would be 39 inches - which is technically not a miniature as the B mini classification is 34-38 (A is under 34)

themacpack 05-10-2012 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Endiku (Post 1494896)
Are you sure that he's registered? Miniature horses can only be registered if they're 36" or shorter. Your boy is 39", so unless he's a registered PONY of some sort (possibly shetland?) someone lied to you.

Otherwise, Drafty is right. There are no registeries for 'miniature paints' 'miniature appaloosas' etc, just miniature horses- and yes. They do come in appy colors. Heck, they come in the whole rainbow of horse colors!

Actually, B goes to 38, not 36 - for AMHR ---- AMHA stops at 34

Horsecrazy4ever 05-10-2012 10:46 PM

height

Well I just kinda estimated on his height(comparing him to my Shetland)

I will measure him tonight or tomorrow and post it on here :)

I also contacted his prior owners and asked if they could look for his papers... Hope I hear back :D

Thank you for all your reply's. :D

Horsecrazy4ever 05-11-2012 12:04 AM

Height_2

I would like to report that I measured him and he is exactly 10H.... is he considered a miniature or a shetland?

Do they have appaloosa marking shetlands?

These are probably really stupid questions ( :oops: ) but I got to know :lol:

DraftyAiresMum 05-11-2012 12:07 AM

No, shetlands do not come in appaloosa coloring. He could be a mini/shetland cross, though.

Horsecrazy4ever 05-11-2012 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DraftyAiresMum (Post 1495066)
No, shetlands do not come in appaloosa coloring. He could be a mini/shetland cross, though.

maybe.... though the people I got him from, bought him from a petting zoo as a colt... I wonder?