The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   Which Barrel Saddle? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/barrel-saddle-123033/)

CLaPorte432 05-10-2012 11:04 PM

Which Barrel Saddle?

893 Attachment(s)
I'm in the market for a new saddle. I have a Billy Cook and love it. It's been a great saddle for nearly 10 years and I've never had a problem with it.

I'm looking at these. We'll be getting 2. One for me, and one for my mom.

Any other saddles you'd recommend? Same quality? Around the same price?

I'm looking into getting this one. I'm 95% this is the one I'll order by the end of the month...
Saddles Tack Horse Supplies - ChickSaddlery.com Billy Cook Spotted Feather III Barrel Saddle
Also, I need a matching headstall. So post some links! I only have light oil tack and would need something in the walnut color.

These are other possibilities...

Saddles Tack Horse Supplies - ChickSaddlery.com Billy Cook Spotted Feather Barrel Racer Saddle
Saddles Tack Horse Supplies - ChickSaddlery.com Billy Cook Runnin' Tres Aces Barrel Saddle (I think this is the one my mom will pick)
Saddles Tack Horse Supplies - ChickSaddlery.com Billy Cook Run of Time Racer Barrel Saddle
Saddles Tack Horse Supplies - ChickSaddlery.com Billy Cook Wave a Smokin' Barrel Racer Saddle

I'm looking for high quality, American made barrel saddles.

Rawhide 05-10-2012 11:09 PM

Might wanna check this out :Barrel Saddles

Also : Barrel Racing Saddles

Rawhide

SouthernTrails 05-10-2012 11:17 PM

Was your original Billy Cook from Greenville TX or Oklahoma?

The ones from Oklahoma are the best....

The ones made in TX like the ones in your post have declined in quality a lot in the last 5-6 years.... I know, I used to sell that brand.

CLaPorte432 05-10-2012 11:19 PM

893 Attachment(s)
Ummm, Good question? I'm not sure. I'll have to look over my saddle and see if I can find anything stating Texas or Oklahoma.

CLaPorte432 05-11-2012 01:59 PM

893 Attachment(s)
SBP958

Any info on this one?
Posted via Mobile Device