The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horses for Sale (http://www.horseforum.com/horses-sale/)
-   -   Email (http://www.horseforum.com/horses-sale/email-12305/)

BluMagic 07-28-2008 12:44 AM

Email

I posted Boo on EquineHits about three hourse ago. And half an hour ago I got an email from a man that is interested.

BluMagic 07-28-2008 01:06 AM

Ok, I'm in a pickle. This guy wants to take Boo like here and now. He wants to make arrangements. To ship him to

South Carolina!

BluMagic 07-28-2008 01:10 AM

Guys I need advice. My family is most certainly not helping here.

What do I do? I am asking him questions about his ranch. He says he doesn't have alot of experience but he wants horses there so his son can ride. I asked him how old his son is and what primarily does he want from Boo.

BluMagic 07-28-2008 01:16 AM

I'm leery.

In the first email, there is good grammar and such.

The second email I recieved is in a bigger font, has almost no grammar, and is challenging to understand.

Is this a fraud?

Rachluvshorses4eva 07-28-2008 03:53 AM

I don't know. It's pretty hard to tell. It is possible that someone might of hacked into his account and looked through his e-mails and wrote that one to you...

mell 07-28-2008 04:24 AM

hmm seems a bit suspicious to me. I would make sure you know alot more about him before you hand Blu over.

Angel_Leaguer 07-28-2008 12:50 PM

i would ask for a phone number and call and talk to him over the phone...or I would just wait till the right person comes along and sees the horse in person or atleast asks for a video and more pictures... I wouldnt pursue too much with this guy

appylover31803 07-28-2008 01:15 PM

you could say that you don't want him shipped, that his new owner has to come pick him up.

I would be suspicious too.

BluMagic 07-28-2008 03:55 PM

He stated that he wants beautiful horses at his ranch so that he and his son can ride.

(his spelling and grammar is not even decent suddenly)

I told him that I don't think Blu is what he is looking for. That Blu is an active boy that needs to be exercised regularly and can be very high strung. I don't care if thats not the right thing to say. I'm not shipping him across the country. I edited Boo's ad and put, "Blu will go to a good home only. Preferably close or within the state."

I'm so confused. lol.

rubyrules 07-29-2008 03:06 AM

I think that's a good idea. You definitely never want to talk just over email. People have a tendency to not be truthful in what they are saying. If you get a hold of the guy and can actually talk to him, that might be better.

But I think overall you should just continue looking for more people. Having your horse move that kind of distance is a problem if you want to stay in contact or at least visit the horse. It's a very plausible reason too.