The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   barn is closed again (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/barn-closed-again-123126/)

Librahorsegal 05-11-2012 08:53 PM

barn is closed again

I know that i posted this before....but i am annoied about this....

The barn is going to be closed every saturday for a while. Which stinks because thats my only non lesson day i go to ride. I ride on tuesdays for my lessons and if im lucky...i go to the barn on fridays. Saturdays the barn is closed due to BO leaving to paint her friend's house. :( grrrr

So tomorrow i am stuck home doing nothing!

Today i had a great ride on my horse. Now tomorrow he will sit and not be ridden. :;sigh::

next saturday(the 19th)i'll be in new orleans..so it wont matter.

waresbear 05-11-2012 08:58 PM

You should get a discount in board, credit for 4 days being denied access.

Skyseternalangel 05-11-2012 09:04 PM

Seriously OP it's completely unfair. Doesn't she have a manager she trusts to look after the place? Denying boarders access is absolutely ridiculous!!

Librahorsegal 05-11-2012 09:10 PM

Nope. No manager. Its just her and her husband. They will both be away painting this house. :(

ThursdayNext 05-11-2012 10:36 PM

And they don't want people out riding alone in case there is an accident? Is that it? I know my BO prefers that people not ride if no one else is around - and that if we must do so, we carry a cell phone on our person (I use one of those boot-strap phone holders). It's not a perfect solution, but the barn isn't very isolated - there are people within shouting distance in case something happens.

It might be worth finding out if that's the case, then, because you could resolve the problem by bringing someone with you?

chandra1313 05-11-2012 10:42 PM

Wow that seems so odd to me. I keep people's horses at my place and they come when they want. My sister keeps her horses at a place and they come when they want as well. I consider my job to be keeping their horses fed, water and safe, I'm not in control of the actual person. Weird and I can imagine that you are very annoyed by this.

Joe4d 05-12-2012 08:40 AM

Seems like the fees need to be renegotiated. You agreed to pay "X" for "Y" services.
The BO's have changed those services. I'd be changing the fees.

Meatos 05-12-2012 09:06 AM

I agree...I would expect a credit for every day you have been denied access to the barn. As another poster pointed out, you are paying for a service and if the terms of service change, so should the price. Sounds like the BOs are trying to have their cake and eat it too.

Skyseternalangel 05-12-2012 09:22 AM

Grrrr seriously OP. That's the first thing I asked every barn I boarded at.

"Do you close?"

Them: NOPE!

Because life isn't on a schedule. What if you are so busy that the only day you can come out is a monday and they lock the gates? Well I'd be tempted to scale them to get to my horse because that is just a ridiculous restriction.

Talk to the BO, not okay to close down an entire operation. Find a BM so the boarders can enjoy what they spend money on!

flytobecat 05-12-2012 10:24 AM

Closing on a Sat. Most people ride on the weekends. That really doesn't seem fair and is very inconsiderate on the BO's part not to mention unprofessional. From a business aspect you think they would want to inconvenience their client's as little as possible.