The Horse Forum banner

todays ride

1K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  mramsay 
#1 ·
Hubby and I decided to make use of the nice sunny day today and hit the trail. We took the horses doen a new trail that we have never been down before, it seems to go forever and branch lots. It was really wide open. We saw our first bear of the year--its funny that Blitz (my gelding) couldnt care less about seing a bear, but stumps on the otherhand... Well, they have the ability to sprout fangs and attack within seconds. We stopped and let the horses graze for a bit, as our mare Cadillac (the perch) hasnt been worked much the past while, and we wanted to give her a break. The trails around here are very up and down. I am so happy that I decided to keep Blitz barefoot and maintain his feet myself between trims-In the two years that I have had him, I can now ride him on pretty much anything, when I got him, he was sore on anything but grass. Here are a few pictures from today, including a few after we got back to the barn.
They look so scruffy, still shedding out. they both will turn a beautiful black, eventually.

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.