The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Conformation Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/)
-   -   What do you think of my QH mare (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/what-do-you-think-my-qh-123300/)

MyHorsesGurl 05-13-2012 07:02 PM

What do you think of my QH mare

5 Attachment(s)
Please fell free to tell me what you think she is my first horse and tell me what breed you thimk she might be
Age 7-8
Breed QHX? or maybe Mustang?
Color lineback dun
Hieght 14.3+/-

arrowsaway 05-13-2012 08:38 PM

she looks like a full quarter horse to me. no way to know for sure without papers, though.
what's that growth on her hind leg?
it's hard to really judge her conformation from these pictures. pictures from the side with her squared up would be better. there's a thread here on how to take those.
I like her color.

lilruffian 05-13-2012 08:40 PM

Looks like a QH to me.
As far as conformation goes, she's got a decent shoulder, though her neck is set a bit high.
Front legs don't look bad.
Long in the back.
Sharp slope to her croup but otherwise her hindquarters are alright.
Slightly sickle-hocked in the back legs.

MyHorsesGurl 05-13-2012 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrowsaway (Post 1498506)
she looks like a full quarter horse to me. no way to know for sure without papers, though.
what's that growth on her hind leg?
it's hard to really judge her conformation from these pictures. pictures from the side with her squared up would be better. there's a thread here on how to take those.
I like her color.

We think some tried to cut into her and it's just a puss pocket. She came that way there is a cut under/in it

themacpack 05-13-2012 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyHorsesGurl (Post 1498520)
We think some tried to cut into her and it's just a puss pocket. She came that way there is a cut under/in it

Does "we" include a vet?

MyHorsesGurl 05-13-2012 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by themacpack (Post 1498526)
Does "we" include a vet?

Yes it does ;)

soenjer55 05-13-2012 09:04 PM

Aw. Hope she recovers quickly.
She looks like a nice little full-blooded quarter horse to me. As for conformation, these aren't the best pictures for that- it would be easier to critique with a picture from the side, squared. But she looks like a nice little mare.