The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   Car company breaching contract (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/car-company-breaching-contract-123426/)

TimWhit91 05-14-2012 08:41 PM

Car company breaching contract

Okay, I leased my car in november. The dealer asked me what time of month would be best for my payment, I said the end. My lease says payment is due on or before the 30th of each month. The 4th month I got a call from the finance company around the 20th telling me my payment was late. I was a little bewildered, but payed it when they called. Now I went in today to talk to a loan officer about buying a house, he said I would be fine if I didn't have a late payment. Now I am mad. Is there anything I can do? They breached the contract. Now I'm screwed

Faceman 05-14-2012 08:44 PM

The difference between the 20th and the end of the month is not relevant. For a late payment to be registered on your credit report it must be at least 30 days late. Something else has happened here besides a 10 day change in the payment date...if you have made all of your payments within 30 days of the due date, you can demand the finance company remove the late payment from your credit reports. If they refuse, you can sue them and/or record a dispute in all three of the credit reporting agencies...

churumbeque 05-14-2012 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimWhit91 (Post 1500065)
Okay, I leased my car in november. The dealer asked me what time of month would be best for my payment, I said the end. My lease says payment is due on or before the 30th of each month. The 4th month I got a call from the finance company around the 20th telling me my payment was late. I was a little bewildered, but payed it when they called. Now I went in today to talk to a loan officer about buying a house, he said I would be fine if I didn't have a late payment. Now I am mad. Is there anything I can do? They breached the contract. Now I'm screwed

You don't say when you bought it in November but my guess is a payment came due in Nov that you werent expecting that you didn't pay until Dec. Stuff like that happens all the time