The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Old BO update ;-p (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/old-bo-update-%3B-p-12351/)

SonnyWimps 07-28-2008 04:39 PM

Old BO update ;-p

Well it happened that when we stopped at a Tack Shop to return a bareback pad that I didn't like, the BO was there also. We were talking for a while, but the questions she asked about the new barn were kinda funny...not like she really cared, but I answered. Here are some of the questions, answers, and my thoughts (which I didn't say lol)

Q: So, your horse is in the obstical course at the new stables, aren't you afraid that he'd get hurt?
A: No, he hasn't gotten hurt yet, and there's nothing that really is that dangerous.

Q: But he's close to the rode...you're not afraid anymore of having your horse to the road? You didn't want to put him in my pasture that was close to the rode.
A: It's an Electric fence, I doubt he'll run through it
Thought: The road wasn't the reason why I didn't want him in there, I didn't want him in there due to the apple tree (which she said gets lots of apples on), and the water bucket was reallly high so it would be hard for me to clean it.

Q: Does he have a stall for the winter?
A: Nope, he doesn't have a stall in the winter. He's on pasture board and will never be in a stall unless I put him in there for tacking up or whatnot.
Thought: Does every horse need a stall? And besides I didn't have one at her place...well technically I did, but the stall I got leaked water (it flooded when the snow started to melt), and she blocked the door with bales of hay

Q: Aren't you going to miss having an indoor arena
A: Maybe a little, but I enjoy riding outside better...and when it's really cold out I don't like to ride
Thought: Oh yeah, I totally miss having myself covered in dust and sweat after I finish a ride...or having to take 2 hours before I ride to water down the arena.

My mom agreed that she was trying to make me regret my decision to move lol.....but little does the BO know, I am not regretting ONE part of it...not one. The boarders are great...the BO is fantastic...the horses are wicked nice (no bullies)....and everyone there has a passion for horses and actually knows what they are doing.

Hmmmm...maybe I could write a letter to everyone at the stables...just like mail it to one of the girls and then tell them to pass it on to everyone there saying how much a love the new place, etc. Maybe that will stop the BO from "attempting" to make me regret moving.
What do you all think? Should I? Or does that seem rude and immature?

Vidaloco 07-28-2008 04:50 PM

I think you should just let it go. If you send a letter to someone, you should send a thank-you/welcome note to your new BO letting them know how much you like it there.

SonnyWimps 07-28-2008 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vidaloco
I think you should just let it go. If you send a letter to someone, you should send a thank-you/welcome note to your new BO letting them know how much you like it there.

\

yeah that is what I thought lol, but just said it anyways hehe....my childish side coming out, maybe? lol

But already left a note saying thank

Solon 08-02-2008 04:25 AM

Depending on where you live, you might end up missing the indoor arena a lot! Here in Oregon it rains a lot and I don't know what I'd do without one.

Same with the stall. Horses don't necessarily have to have a stall. Some sort of shelter would be good - is there a lot of rain/snow there? Do you have a good outdoor blanket?

Glad to hear that you are happier there!

I have to admit, when I saw him in the obstacle course pasture, I thought the same thing about him possibly getting hurt, but it sounds like it's working out just fine.

SonnyWimps 08-02-2008 07:55 AM

I'm in NY...but when it's cold out and snowy I personally don't usually ride that often. I don't really like the cold so usually I just groom him and then put him back outside.

He has a run-in-shed in his pasture that he can get under if he wants to...but I've noticed in the rain at least, he never goes underneath it. Oh I ride in a rain...I just hop on bareback and away we go lol

He has access to one smaller pasture and then the obstical course (well him and Hannah have access to it)...and he usually spends most of the time in the smaller pasture...maybe the grass is better there? Or maybe he just wants me to walk farther lol.
I'm not too worried. He's not that reckless thankfully. A horse can injure themselves in a pasture of nothing but grass, so I'm not too worried hehe. He hasn't injured himself yet (well unless you count when he tested the electric fence when it was on)

Yep I have a heavy weight, waterproof blanket that he gets on in the winter.

But I don't think I'll be missing the indoor arena. Mainly because if it was 90 degrees outside it was 110 in there...and it got sooo dusty because of the footing (it was a dirt and sand footing), and if I watered it down, it would take a good 1.5 hours - 2 hours

But yeah I'm happy. I love riding outside and actually before I left (about a month before I did) I told my mom that I'm just going to ride outside...not in the indoor.

DashAwayAll 08-02-2008 11:38 AM

Sounds to me like a BO who is very sorry that you are gone. Some folks just can't understand that what works for one person doesn't work for another.

All it takes too, is one lousy boarder to ruin it for everybody.

Be polite to your old BO, despite your instinct to say none of your business. Ya can never say never.... and one day may need to return there, if only briefly.

Solon 08-02-2008 11:47 AM

Sounds like you are prepared AND happy.

TWO thumbs up!!

So, we will be expecting some fun 'dashing through the snow' pictures on Sonney this winter!

PoptartShop 08-02-2008 11:54 AM

Yeah, you made a good choice for you- she's old news. LOL! :lol: