The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Selling horses (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/selling-horses-123516/)

Rancher 05-15-2012 03:26 PM

Selling horses
 
I've sold a few horses over the years and I have a theory. My theory is that the more expensive the horse is, i.e. the higher the asking price, the wierder the people are who will come out to look at it. :wink:

And of those people only 2% will be potentially serious buyers who actually have the money. The other 98% have come out to:

A. Spend a few hours in the country.
B. Window shop.
C. Case the joint for equipment to steal.
D. Talk about their own horses.
E. Offer you some crazy trade/barter deal.
F. Try to sell you Amway.

PaintHorseMares 05-15-2012 03:31 PM

...or get a free hour on a horse
Posted via Mobile Device

Skyseternalangel 05-15-2012 03:31 PM

That's true for alllll horse sales and even leases. People leasing are weird as heck too.

Just flat out people that don't own horses.. 89% of them are just.... really odd.

cowboy bowhunter 05-15-2012 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rancher (Post 1501297)
I've sold a few horses over the years and I have a theory. My theory is that the more expensive the horse is, i.e. the higher the asking price, the wierder the people are who will come out to look at it. :wink:

And of those people only 2% will be potentially serious buyers who actually have the money. The other 98% have come out to:

A. Spend a few hours in the country.
B. Window shop.
C. Case the joint for equipment to steal.
D. Talk about their own horses.
E. Offer you some crazy trade/barter deal.
F. Try to sell you Amway.


And they think just living on the farm/ranch is all play and no work so its not a big deal to wait the farmers/ranchers time.

themacpack 05-15-2012 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skyseternalangel (Post 1501309)
That's true for alllll horse sales and even leases. People leasing are weird as heck too.

Just flat out people that don't own horses.. 89% of them are just.... really odd.

Funny, I think that could also apply to those that DO own horses :lol:

Skyseternalangel 05-15-2012 03:49 PM

Agree :lol: But man I met some really ....interesting.. people when I had Sky up for lease!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by themacpack (Post 1501328)
Funny, I think that could also apply to those that DO own horses :lol:


BigGreyHorse 05-15-2012 04:22 PM

Amway.......:rofl::rofl::rofl:

WesternJake 05-15-2012 04:34 PM

I'm currently shopping for horses, and I have yet to test ride one (I have gone to look at one and was going to go back for a test ride but passed on him) because I'm afraid that if I end up saying no, the owner will think I just went out to get a free ride on a horse!
And that is definitely not what I'm doing! LOL.

I'm going out this Friday to test ride a mare, and if I like her, she'll definitely be coming home with me!

But I agree - there are weirdos no matter what animal you are trying to sell, find, etc.

Emily

verona1016 05-15-2012 07:41 PM

When I went to test ride the horse that I leased last year, it sounded like I was the only "normal" person who had come out to see him and she was about to give up :-P

And as for the 2% who are actually serious buyers going to look at horses... well, if they're like me they're probably going to look at a dozen or more horses before actually finding "the one", so even if you got 100% serious buyers, odds are you'd still have to show the horse to a bunch of people before getting a sale.

stevenson 05-15-2012 07:50 PM

whenever I went and looked at a horse, I had the seller ride the horse first.
If the seller refused to ride it, then i ran !! If the seller rode, then I would make whomever went with me ride it, then I would try it last. I knew within five minutes of being on its back if it was yes or no.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:19 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0