The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   FQHB and Semi QHB?! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/fqhb-semi-qhb-123637/)

SRCM16 05-16-2012 12:35 PM

FQHB and Semi QHB?!

I have a petite 14.2hh Morab mare that I'm going to start competing WP with; only problem? What size would she be?! :? She is currently using the the medium narrow gullet (I have an exchangeable gullet saddle, and she's right on the line of narrow/medium narrow), so what would that translate to in western saddle lingo? :lol:

bsms 05-16-2012 02:15 PM

Pictures would help. I'm GUESSING SQHBs. To make matters worse, however, each maker has their own idea of what SQHB, FQHB, Arabian etc means...

Factors That Affect Tree Fit

SRCM16 05-16-2012 04:02 PM

Oh god. :shock: Glad I'm doing it through my tack shop so I can try it out first and make sure it fits. So there isn't anything smaller then Semi QH bars?

What pictures do you need?

dee 05-17-2012 08:55 AM

Some saddle makers have saddles with Arabian bars. We have one young Morab (?) that is probably going to have to have the Arabian bars. Right now, he's only three and hasn't been started yet, but when he is ready for his first ride, we are probably going to have to get yet another saddle... :-(

BarrelWannabe 05-17-2012 08:58 AM

You say getting another saddle like its a bad thing! Lol. Just kidding.
Posted via Mobile Device

SRCM16 05-17-2012 09:48 AM

Lol. I already have too much tack; so much that I'm keeping some in my closet.

I'm not paying for this one or the matching breastplate/bridle though, so I should be a little excited. :p

SRCM16 05-17-2012 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dee (Post 1504152)
Some saddle makers have saddles with Arabian bars. We have one young Morab (?) that is probably going to have to have the Arabian bars. Right now, he's only three and hasn't been started yet, but when he is ready for his first ride, we are probably going to have to get yet another saddle... :-(

Oh, that's good then. Lol. Hopefully my tack shop has some in that size.