The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/)
-   -   SJ Rally (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/sj-rally-123687/)

Moonshadow16 05-16-2012 07:36 PM

SJ Rally

This is me and my pony at SJ Rally for our Pony Club this past weekend. This is our equitation round. I'm going to say it now : This was definitely not our best day. I know I was leaning forward pretty badly, I usually don't do that but I was sooooooo tired. Well, anyway, could you please judge us??

Thank you!!!! :)

Sarah and Shadow SJ Rally 2012 - YouTube

MudPaint 05-16-2012 07:55 PM

Not bad... what level are you riding?

Some things you may want to work on is a nice forward pace through out the whole course. I had this urge to run out there and chase you around with a crop... especially a stride or so before the fence. The ones you jumped really nicely were the ones you rode right to the base, actively asking your horse to step forward. When you actively ride you don't hop up on your horse's neck and cause him to chip.

Your position in whole is pretty good, you have a decent leg and are releasing appropriately for this level. After the last fence, did your saddle slip? I swore it looked like one leg was 4 or five holes shorter than the other.

Moonshadow16 05-17-2012 08:28 AM

I am trying to move up to BN. Usually I ride with a crop, but being me I forgot to pack one for this show. I just looked at the video again, and my saddle definitely did slip... a lot. For that show they wouldn't let me ride with my half-pad and my saddle was all over the place.

Thank you so much! :)

gypsygirl 05-19-2012 07:43 AM

why wouldnt they let you ride with your half pad ?!?!

Moonshadow16 05-19-2012 08:34 AM

They said " it didn't fit my saddle, and i needed to find one that fit" but no one i could find had one that 'fit'. i love pony club, but it's crazy ......

Hedgie 05-19-2012 09:02 AM

... oh pony club haha. So many strange rules. Shadow looks lovely, by the way :)
And you should have borrowed my crop!

MudPaint 05-23-2012 09:18 PM

Some days Pony Club has me scratching my head at their weird rules. We generally have the manager or coach (if your at the level that they are allowed) always carrying a crop at the in-gate for just that purpose. LOL