The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   Best Most Effective Overreach Boots (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/best-most-effective-overreach-boots-123688/)

MikeDonnaNancy 05-16-2012 07:39 PM

Best Most Effective Overreach Boots

I have a Half-Arab with show shoes on the front and he's pulled the right front off twice, this time tearing a good bit into the hoof. He wears Professionals Choice overreach boots 24/7 -- is there a better choice for overreach boots? He was in a large, now an extra large, and he still manages to flip off a shoe. Any suggestions on highly effective boots are welcome.

cuttinmom 05-17-2012 01:51 PM

I use RES Equine Bell Boots. They are very durable andI have yet to pull any shoes with them on! They have a website www.resboot.com oh they also have a replaceable Velcro that you can change out with cool colors.:lol:

MikeDonnaNancy 05-17-2012 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cuttinmom (Post 1504517)
I use RES Equine Bell Boots. They are very durable andI have yet to pull any shoes with them on! They have a website www.resboot.com oh they also have a replaceable Velcro that you can change out with cool colors.:lol:

Thank you so much! I will check those out for sure. I appreciate your feedback.

cuttinmom 05-17-2012 02:17 PM

Not problem that is why we are all on here right?! :D

crimsonsky 05-17-2012 02:26 PM

the only bell boots i will leave on 24/7 are the rubber/gum pull-on ones. i love these:
KL Select Italian Bell Boots - Bell Boots from SmartPak Equine

but the cheaper version work just as well (just harder to get on ime):
Centaur Pull on Bell Boots - Bell Boots from SmartPak Equine

AlexS 05-17-2012 02:33 PM

I cannot stand the rubber ones, you have to be a body builder to put them on.

I have something like this, I love the little nugget (technical term) that's in them to stop them from spinning around

Professional's Choice Ballistic Overreach Boots

crimsonsky 05-17-2012 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlexS (Post 1504562)
I cannot stand the rubber ones, you have to be a body builder to put them on.

but we're horsepeople! we're supposed to be insanely strong. ;) this is, however, why i like the KL pull-ons because they are a bit thinner/stretchier at the top making it SOOOOO much easier to pull them on. i just put a new pair on my gelding on monday and it took maybe 20 seconds a boot? whereas my mare has the regular $10 pull-ons and it took forever to get those dumb things on. when they wear out (i leave them on until they die basically) i think i'll spend the money and get her the KL ones assuming they come in a small enough size for her (she wears 00 shoes whereas my gelding is in 3.5).

Coffeejunkie 05-17-2012 04:34 PM

Justin equine! Discontinued last year and really hard to find, but they rock.

~*~anebel~*~ 05-17-2012 04:38 PM

I can't find pull ons big enough for my horse and he doesn't even have big feet!
I swear by woof wear for turn out. They have kevlar bell boots which are virtually indestructible. Their overreach boots are nice as well.
Posted via Mobile Device

crimsonsky 05-17-2012 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~*~anebel~*~ (Post 1504689)
I can't find pull ons big enough for my horse and he doesn't even have big feet!

lordy - how big is your horse?? :shock::wink: