The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Member Journals (http://www.horseforum.com/member-journals/)
-   -   Moonie's/My Progress Journal (http://www.horseforum.com/member-journals/moonies-my-progress-journal-124031/)

gymkhanaprincess7 05-20-2012 03:20 PM

Moonie's/My Progress Journal

2 Attachment(s)
Okay, so I decided to make this 'Journal' to share with everyone how Moonie and I are doing on our (Dare I say it; I sound so corny!) journey together. Okay, so today is 5/20/2012, in two days it will officialy be a month since we bought her. We've gone to two shows (Both Gymkhanas) and did very well in both. I rode her bareback for the first time last week, and did well enough to the point where I didn't fall off XD (I haven't ridden bareback in a very long time..) Today I went to go see her and groomed, round penned, and loved on her.

Right now, since our whole riding situation is under control and getting better every time we ride, what we're working on now is a relationship. I've gone to see her 4-6 days every week for the past month and today she got excited when I walked up to her pen and follwed me around without a lead rope like a puppy! :D (Oh, wow, this a small step for everyone else in the horse community, giant step for Morgan and Moonie moment XD). So, she is slowly getting all her muscle back, and looks fantastic and shiny! Pics are attatched bellow :)

These are two pics of her getting round penned:)
Attachment 98816

Attachment 98817

gymkhanaprincess7 05-21-2012 11:42 PM

Yayy! I'm happy about how our practice went tonight. Mostly we worked on the western jumping event for Gymkhana called Hurry Scurry. LOL, professional name, right? Well, anyway, we've been having trouble with that event, and tonight, I think it got fixed :) We were pretty much galloping over the three jumps, so we weren't losing much time, and her turns were super good. We also did Figure 8 Stake and her turns were good; No stalling. Also found out we *MIGHT* be going to do set-ups at a 3 day show this weekend. Double yay. Now, my chore is to wash ALL of my tack before Wednesday.. I wish myself good luck with that XD

Skyseternalangel 05-22-2012 12:17 AM

She's lovely and have fun washing all of that tack! I love doing it during the summer but not all at once :lol:

That is a huge step, though, having your horse begin to follow your lead :) Congrats!! I hope you continue your journey together in happiness!

gymkhanaprincess7 05-22-2012 12:58 AM

Oh, thank you so much! And thanks, haha. Hoping I can convince my mom to help me out with the tack.. Sooo I need all the persuasive power I possess XD

gymkhanaprincess7 05-22-2012 10:34 AM

Okay, so since I have an orthdontist appointment after school today, no Moonie.. Buut I feel the need to tell you guys that as of today, I have officialy owned Moonie for a full month :) I already feel as though we've come so far, but we have so much more to do, and so much more time to spend together. After bouncing around on horses for 4 years, only staying on one for maybe half a season, finally owning my own horse makes me feel like I have all the time in the world :)

gymkhanaprincess7 05-22-2012 09:48 PM

Okay, update. Set-ups on friday turned into the full show. *happy dance!* Things are starting to look good.. We'll see how we do this weekend. Can't wait!

P.S. Went to the orthodontist, got my braces tightened. Aaand now my face hurts, LOL :( Also halfway done with my tack!!

gymkhanaprincess7 05-23-2012 10:46 PM

No riding today :/ A girl at my barn had a birthday thing going on today (She got the Appendix mare she rides for her 'Sweet Sixteen'.. Too cool!) and I didn't have time to do anything. I turned her out to clean her stall and she trotted by herself a little bit, haha. Mostly gave her a little love (And frosting from my fingers, LOL). My instructer confirmed that we're definetley going to the Spring Classic 3-day show this weekend, so yay:) Not a very eventful day, but am completely stoked for this weekend!!

gymkhanaprincess7 05-24-2012 10:17 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Went to go give Moonie a bath today :) Now she's all soft and smells pretty, haha. Tommorow is the first day of our horse show! She's been doing so well, I'm so excited to see how we do.

Nothing too much today, just picked up the feed and the bath. Still am totally stoked for this weekend! :D

Pictures of my pretty girl after her bubble bath :)
Attachment 99507

Attachment 99508

Attachment 99509

gymkhanaprincess7 05-26-2012 12:06 AM

Day #1 of Spring Classic :)

Moonie did very well. She stalled a bit around turns, but we still officialy bumped to AAA!! So happy. I've decided that all I have to do to keep her moving is not sit around the turns til I'm on the backside :) Overall, Moonie gets a B+, LOL. Also, I got a bad bloody nose on the hour ride home from the middle of nowhere. Not. Fun.

gymkhanaprincess7 05-26-2012 11:00 PM

Day #2 of Spring Classic :)

Oh my gosh, Moonie and I did fantastic. She was sooo good, all AAA times and her turns were great (No stalling!) Everything went perfectly (Knocking on desk to not jinx myself, haha) Moonie gets an A! I also had In N Out as a treat for dinner. Very, very nice :) I have to leave at 6 tomorrow.. Grr. I wish myself good luck with that.