The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Horse Birthday Cake Recipe??? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/horse-birthday-cake-recipe-124066/)

Moei 05-20-2012 08:46 PM

Horse Birthday Cake Recipe???

It is my horses 7th Birthday on june 1st and i am having a party for him! I am looking for a good horse cake recipe! Does anyone have one that looks and tastes good for them? Thanks...
Moei

shaggy 05-20-2012 08:56 PM

I have one in my horse binder! As soon as I get home i'll post it for ya!

themacpack 05-20-2012 09:02 PM

Let me see if I can find the one DD used just recently (her horse just turned 7 too!).......

themacpack 05-20-2012 09:05 PM

Easy Horse Birthday Cake Recipe and Photo - this is the one she used

possumhollow 05-21-2012 12:22 AM

This will sound horrible, but our 5 like white cupcakes. I know it's not the healthiest, but it's a 3.5 ounce cupcake 5 times a year (everyone gets one on birthdays). Oh and I don't ice them, just plain white cake.

shaggy 05-21-2012 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by possumhollow (Post 1509155)
This will sound horrible, but our 5 like white cupcakes. I know it's not the healthiest, but it's a 3.5 ounce cupcake 5 times a year (everyone gets one on birthdays). Oh and I don't ice them, just plain white cake.

Thats funny!

shaggy 05-21-2012 12:55 AM

Heres the recipe I have in my homemade treats section of my horse binder! I'm also going to make this for Shaggy's B-Day he'll be 8 on the may 30th! Its his 3rd birthday with me!

4 cups sweet feed or oats (I'm gonna use oats not a big fan of sweet feed)
1 cups Molasses or honey
3 cups carrots cut in sticks and shreds(the sticks are your candles! lol)
1 apple

Mix the honey(or molasses) and the SF or oats in a big bowl. When mixed fully together, place the mixture on a plate and shape into a birthday cake or carrot. Use your Imagination! Use the Carrot sticks as candles and decorate with the rest of the cake with the apple and carrot shaving.

Hope your horse has happy birthday! I'll let you know how Shaggy likes it! lol

Moei 05-21-2012 09:27 PM

Thanks for all your recipes so far!!!Do you know how much it makes? I neeed to feed 7-8 horses! How about icing, any recipes for that?

themacpack 05-21-2012 09:32 PM

The one DD made for Aero went mostly to her - with a piece cut for Yahzi - but could have served as many as needed (just would have been smaller pieces, lol) Basically it covered a regular dining plate.
Another option would be to make the birthday pony a cake and then some cookies for party favors for the other horses. She made a nummy batch of cookies at Christmas time that were included in the cookie plates given to the neighbors who had horses (the non-horsey neighbors just got human cookies, boring, lol)

shaggy 05-22-2012 05:55 AM

well with the recipe i posted maybe just make more than one cake. When I make it i'll know how big it is and i can tell you exactly =)