The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Training (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-training/)
-   -   "Oh, She's Real Good........Except for _____" Please Share Your Stories! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-training/oh-shes-real-good-except-_____-124120/)

Daisy25 05-21-2012 11:10 AM

"Oh, She's Real Good........Except for _____" Please Share Your Stories!

Since starting work with this spoiled horse....it seems I've been hearing this a LOT.

As in:

"Oh, she's a real good horse...except when it's time for the farrier. Then it takes two people to hold her - plus we use the twitch."

"Oh, she's real good horse....except she doesn't like A, B, or C."

"Oh, she's a real good horse...except she's been spoiled some."

"Oh, D is real good with that horse...if she won't come in - D just puts the treats in a bucket and eventually she'll come around."

"Oh, K is real good riding her...except she can't always get the horse to do what she wants."

Is it just me - or does it sound like these folks don't quite get the definition of "real good horse" ?

Please share some of the "real good....except" stories you've heard...

Sammyjoe 05-21-2012 11:21 AM

HAHA this was me about a young pony we are breaking in, Until I spooked him and he threw me, Now ive lost confidence and to be honest I find my self defending him in this way all the time. And as the disrespect is esculating im just moving on from "he was going perfect until i spooked him and now ive frightented him" to " he did everything perfectly for the girl who boke him, hes such a sweetie really " in fact I think hes TESTING me now big time since recently hes refused to lead forward, refused to enter stable and refused to walk on when being ridden half was through working! See a pattern.
At least im honest, and I know im doing it.
He is sweet though and once we work through these issues hes gonna make a super fab pony for the neices!!

Spirit Lifter 05-21-2012 11:22 AM

I looked at a beautiful QH for sale that was real good.....but then revealed it had the dreaded navicular problem on one foot. Does that count?

Sammyjoe 05-21-2012 11:22 AM

Everyone feel free to take the p*!$ out of that post, I know thats what the thread is for!!! :)
Im dopey and I know it!

Daisy25 05-21-2012 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpiritLifter (Post 1509647)
I looked at a beautiful QH for sale that was real good.....but then revealed it had the dreaded navicular problem on one foot. Does that count?

Oh absolutely! LOL!

Oh yeah, he's real good.....except for a slight navicular problem - but, ya know, otherwise....REAL GOOD.

Skyseternalangel 05-21-2012 11:33 AM

Oh she's a fantastic mare.. but she does buck people off

Oh she's such a great trail horse, but she tries to kick the ^*$% out of other horses

Or my horse: Oh he's a great boy, but he has tried to kill the vet in the past LOL!

Daisy25 05-21-2012 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skyseternalangel (Post 1509672)
Or my horse: Oh he's a great boy, but he has tried to kill the vet in the past LOL!

Yep, sounds REAL GOOD....except for that one homicide that time!

LOL!

Crescent 05-21-2012 01:09 PM

Oh he's real good exept for he is so herd bound that he tries to bolt and rear
haha my horse is a brat

MHFoundation Quarters 05-21-2012 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daisy25 (Post 1509623)
Is it just me - or does it sound like these folks don't quite get the definition of "real good horse" ?

That's exactly it. I can't stand seeing or hearing the 'buts'. They either are or aren't something. If they have issues, that's one thing, be upfront about them and don't try to slide them in as an afterthought.

Dreamcatcher Arabians 05-21-2012 01:33 PM

I have one that call my "Little Girl with the Curl in the Middle of her Forehead", when she's good she's very very good and when she's bad she's horrid. Though for the most part she's ok, but if she gets her fly mask off and gets sunburnt, you can't touch her til it heals. ........OOOOY!