The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/)
-   -   Good summer riding pants? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding/good-summer-riding-pants-124175/)

Sphi 05-21-2012 07:41 PM

Good summer riding pants?

What brands/kinds of riding pants are good for summer? Looking for something light I can wear with chaps or tall boots. I just don't want something so lightweight that it makes your underwear line super obvious, you know.. xD Suggestions?

Meatos 05-21-2012 07:44 PM

I just bought a pair of Kerrits - the microcord full seat ones. I've worn them on two hot days (with half chaps) and it gets a bit sweaty in there but they dry quickly. Also had the concern of the underwear line showing when I bought them and am happy to say that everything stays well hidden! :-)

Got them on sale for $119 CAD, regular price $139 CAD, so not too expensive.

Sphi 05-21-2012 07:59 PM

They look good but I don't think I want to spend that much on just schooling breeches. Has anyone used these? Devon-AireŽ Concour Pull-On Breeches | Dover Saddlery

Sphi 05-21-2012 08:03 PM

Or these, haha Devon-Aire Schooling Riding Tights | Dover Saddlery

Prinella 05-23-2012 11:59 PM

I have heavily debated just wearing leggins with a LONG tshirt to hide the undie-line

kitten_Val 05-24-2012 07:33 AM

Kerrits here too. I also wear Devon-Aire, but they are more thick than my Kerrits.

HorsesAreMyPassion 05-24-2012 11:16 AM

Grand Prix Hampton Side Zip breeches are my favourites. They are made with a lightweight cotton stretch fabric, very comfortable, some nice colour choices, they look great and can also be nice enough for shows too.

Joidigm 05-24-2012 12:47 PM

I bought Devon-Aire schooling tights last year in the beige and grey. They are sweat wicking and breathable; this will be my second summer riding in them. They work well for me, and are much more comfortable in Mississippi's wet heat than riding in my wranglers. My butt stays dry at least, even if the rest of me isn't by the time I'm done with 2-4 hours of riding in an arena, or on a trail ride.

I also wore them through the winter, and they did really well layered under my jeans in the super cold, or by themselves in the mild cold. Once I was working, I stayed warm and dry. So they serve as my do all riding pants. As for panty lines? Well, invest in some thongs hahaha.

crimsonsky 05-24-2012 12:59 PM

i have several pairs of kerrits riding tights and they are fantastic in the summer!

Klassic Performance Riding Tight - Kerrits

Flow Rise Performance Riding Tight - Kerrits

MSRP says $64 but you can usually find them on sale at dover or something for less. well worth the price imo.

Rascaholic 05-25-2012 10:05 AM

DH bought me some Devon Aires for Mothers Day and they are awesome. Light enough to be comfortable, but thick enough not to worry about what is underneath them.