The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Gaited Horses (http://www.horseforum.com/gaited-horses/)
-   -   Just excited :) (http://www.horseforum.com/gaited-horses/just-excited-124283/)

kstinson 05-22-2012 06:11 PM

Just excited :)

Just thought I would post this picture J

I got this mare as a 2 year old –first gaited horse, first time training, and really my first experience riding something with no training past a halter. I have shown her and placed in every class, winning some, trail ridden her and now as she is a 4 year old breeding her. She has proven that she is quality enough to better the breed in both mind and natural talent.

A small back story:

I had some hard times in the last few years with my father being terminally ill of a heart disease and my mom becoming sick with cancer and finally passing on. I needed something new to help bring some life back into me he gifted me with Sable. She has done just that.

My fiancé grew up around horses (TWH –hence my first gaited horse) but after a few wrecks as a child that was it for him until he saw firsthand what horses were doing for me and the bond I had with her. He took 5 lessons last winter so that he could enjoy horses with me safely.

On Saturday he and Sable had their first trail ride together and she was an angel! I just feel great that with the support of some great friends I was able to get out of a rut and accomplish something -training a talented natural TWH –no gimmicks –and a wonderful trail horse. She’s riding on a loose rein, walking, and clacking her teeth because she's so loose with a rider who doesn’t have the knowledge to bring that out if it doesn’t come naturally and that’s what this breed is all about!

http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/...5-19170629.jpg

silverdollarmagic 05-23-2012 11:33 PM

Lovely pic and lovely horse :) Have fun out there!!

tinyliny 05-23-2012 11:47 PM

That's a real nice story. I am so happy for you to have love, human and equine, abounding .

Paintlover1965 05-23-2012 11:54 PM

She's a lovely looking mare. I am glad for you both. It's not easy to carry on when your parents pass, my condolences. I'm sure your young mare helped you out a lot in that department-something to change your focus. My husband rides with me a lot since I bought his Canadian mare three years ago. He too was a novice and still considers himself more of a passenger than a rider. It's nice you both can share the same interest in horses. It's amazing when you leave your place of work, head for the barn and you just have to start brushing your horse and you can just feel the stress melt away.

kstinson 05-24-2012 10:46 AM

Thank-you! I am very proud of both of them, I think this summer that he will actually show her in some classes with me :)

Paintlover -I know exactly what you mean. I love riding, but some days I just don't want to do it. Then, when I drag myself out there and get going I always come in refreshed and clear headed. Horses have a funny way of bringing out self honesty.