The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Breeds (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/)
-   -   choosing a horse (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/choosing-horse-124338/)

jenniferw 05-23-2012 05:38 AM

choosing a horse
 
Im lookng for a horse to lease at a rather low down facility with amazingly talented horses.
However, the breeder doesnt speak much english so how do i choose the perfect horse?

Nokotaheaven 05-23-2012 06:27 PM

Try looking for the quietest horses.. The ones that stand still the most, keep their heads low, and don't shy at things. That is, if you want a quiet horse

BarrelWannabe 05-23-2012 06:30 PM

Find a translator, and try all of them.
Posted via Mobile Device

jenniferw 05-24-2012 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarrelWannabe (Post 1513628)
Find a translator, and try all of them.
Posted via Mobile Device

funny funny

jenniferw 05-24-2012 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nokotaheaven (Post 1513626)
Try looking for the quietest horses.. The ones that stand still the most, keep their heads low, and don't shy at things. That is, if you want a quiet horse

If the horses stand still, isnt it more likely that they'll be lazy in the arena?

calicokatt 05-24-2012 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenniferw (Post 1514196)
If the horses stand still, isnt it more likely that they'll be lazy in the arena?

No. My mare stands still and very quiet at the tie, but is VERY forward and energetic in the arena. Some horses ARE just lazy, but chances are good that you don't really want to lease one that's dancing around in the ties or jumping at anything you pass.

jenniferw 05-24-2012 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calicokatt (Post 1514199)
No. My mare stands still and very quiet at the tie, but is VERY forward and energetic in the arena. Some horses ARE just lazy, but chances are good that you don't really want to lease one that's dancing around in the ties or jumping at anything you pass.

very true, thanks a bunch


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:20 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0