The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Health (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-health/)
-   -   Product Review: fly control (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-health/product-review-fly-control-124390/)

nuisance 05-23-2012 03:13 PM

Product Review: fly control

I was given a 17yr old paint mare, as a pasture buddy for my horse. She has an old injury behind her front lt knee. No hair, alot of scarring (not lame), has just been eaten up by flies! When I got her, she was covered with bloody scabs/bites, and down her cannon's was black from fly poo, along with bloody sores from bites. I use Bronco fly spray on my other horse, after cleaning her up good, doctored it good, sprayed her twice a day, some help, but not much. Still being eaten up. So I got some Absorbine Ultrashield EX. It is wonderful! States it should last 10-14 days. It lasts about a week for her, with just a few flies buzzing around! Leg already looking so much better.

So, long story short! Get some Absorbine Ultrashield EX if you need something stronger! It was $20 for a 32oz spray bottle, but so worth it!.

SaddleStrings 05-23-2012 05:01 PM

I personally love Pyranha brand of fly spray. It is on the pricey side, but it does a wonderful job. Gets rid of every pest around my neck of the woods! The aerosol will also add a nice gloss to your horse's coat. It's not greasy, so it doesn't seem to attract dust. It's great for fly control at horse shows, as it's a two in one product. It's also available in just a regular spray bottle, along with the aerosol. Just thought I'd share my product review.

CLaPorte432 05-23-2012 05:05 PM

I've had great results with Repel X-P. Its a concentrait and I go through 1-2 containers per fly season.

HorsesAreMyPassion 05-23-2012 05:08 PM

I also like Absorbine UltraShield EX for when the flies are at their worst.