how to clean horse brushes
there is one thing i would always forget to clean about my horse, his brushes! it dosent help to try to get you horse clean when your brushes aren't! anyway here is how i clean my brushes and it works wonders!
1) get a clean bucket and put hot, soapy water in it with a quarter cup of bleach ( the soap should be mild like dawn or ivory, or you can use shampoo)
2) put all you brushes in the bucket and let them sit in the water for a couple of minutes
3) while they are soaking you can wash out your grooming tote
4) after about 5 minutes take the brushes out and rub them aganst each other.
5) dump the water out of the bucket and fill it with hot water then put the brushes back in
6)after a couple of minutes take the brushes out and lay the ones with wood handles bristles down and the other brushes you can lay bristles up in the sun so they can
for some reason i didn't think you were supposed to put brushes in hot water... something about the glue or whatever maybe. idr.. :(
I use cold bleach water solution for mine.
I soak them in hot water then scrub them with shampoo
Rinse them super well, then soak them in listerine for a few hours
I use warm water and oxiclean(sp?) for mine works great and doesn't bother the horses skin
I soak mine in a water and bleach solution overnight and lay them out to dry the next day.
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:32 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.