The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Boarding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-boarding/)
-   -   Suspect horse is being ridden? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-boarding/suspect-horse-being-ridden-124611/)

Saddlebag 05-25-2012 11:17 AM

Suspect horse is being ridden?

If you suspect someone else is riding your horse I just came across the neatest idea. Sprinkle Koolaid in the saddle area and work it into the hair. If it is ridden the sweat will activate the Koolaid and stain the blanket and the horse. I think this is absolutely brilliant.

CLaPorte432 05-25-2012 06:45 PM

893 Attachment(s)
LMAO. They are going to take the saddle blanket off and FREAK out!

nvr2many 05-25-2012 06:47 PM

Love ittttttttttttttttt!! Of course "BLASTIN BERRY CHERRY"

BarrelWannabe 05-25-2012 06:48 PM

Omg, on a grey horse, I shudder to think of the panic they would go through. xD

That is a really good idea. Other than leaving a stain, they would know not to mess with your horse again.

ThirteenAcres 05-25-2012 08:11 PM

If anyone does this PLEASE post haha. That would be HILARIOUS.

Janna 05-25-2012 10:36 PM

Person wouldn't see daylight again

IslandWave 05-25-2012 11:11 PM

However, if they groomed the horse really well, they might brush off the Kool Aid. I still think it'd be funny on a gray. Or if they rode bareback. Haha!

COWCHICK77 05-25-2012 11:13 PM

50 Attachment(s)
That would be a good prank on someone elses horse...
Posted via Mobile Device

Almond Joy 05-26-2012 05:16 PM

My friend and I are gonna dye our other friend's haffy's white tail and mane with cool aid some day :)

Saddlebag 05-26-2012 06:30 PM

If someone is sneaking someone else's horse I doubt it will get a good grooming. I had a hunch someone was riding my mare. We inadvertently create routines and they were waiting until I left. Instead I drove a few miles, waited about 45 min. and caught them in the act. It was a father and his son and young daughter of about 12. He sputtered all kinds of excuses when he saw my car pull up. What kind of example does that set? I reminded him that he had stolen my horse, not borrowed it as he had not asked my permission and that the law would likely pay him a visit. The daughter began to cry as she thought her dad would get carted off to jail. I ignored it and went back to the barn and waited. The dad tried to apoligize but I was dead as a post. He no longer "borrowed my horse or anyone else's. I let them worry about what the neighbors would think if a cruiser and two officers came calling.