The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Breeds (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/)
-   -   Andalusian :/ (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/andalusian-124639/)

Tabitha Fawn 05-25-2012 03:48 PM

Andalusian :/

About 3 months ago I got my first horse, Shiloh. He's an Arabian/Quarter cross, or supposed to be anyway, but he definitely hides the Quarter and looks mostly Arab, which I'm delighted with since I'm crazy about Arabians. He's a 14 year old gelding and the woman I got him from was giving him away because I guess she just couldn't afford him anymore so when I got him he was rather thin, needed his feet trimmed stuff like that. He's also seriously lacking in the muscle and training department but that's no problem. In fact the only thing I can really complain about with him is he has itchies :-( and I live in Florida where we have, heat, flies, more heat and every kind of biting insect you can imagine :evil: in fact, his old owner told me that he get's an awful summer itch and lost all the hair down the front of his body and they had to try all kinds of antihistamines. Anyway, my trainer told me the other day that a woman she knows has to get rid of her horses and she's giving them away and one happens to be a 4 year old 15.1hh Andalusian gelding :shock: he's not broke but that's not a problem for me. Two horses are not an option for me, I board and it would be way to much money. She mentioned I could give Shiloh to my riding student and take the gelding but I have grown pretty attached to him since he's my first horse and he's a sweetie :) I love Andalusians and I am very tempted to go look at this horse, he'd have to be pure for me to get rid of my horse. My trainer mention that he'd probably have less itchie problems and I do like the idea of having a younger horse. I'm septic as to why she's GIVING away the gelding since they're usually so expensive, even in this market but I'm still curious. Should I even go and look at the horse? And if I so, what should I look for? This is such a horrible decision haha I love my baby but....an Andalusian :-|

ThirteenAcres 05-25-2012 04:16 PM

You can send the Andalusian to me! lol

texasgal 05-25-2012 04:20 PM

TA ... you're an ADDICT! Bwa ha ha ha

BarrelWannabe 05-25-2012 04:39 PM

Go have a look. Get a vet check and if all is clear, go from there. Don't feel rushed into making a decision just because he's free and he'll go fast.
Posted via Mobile Device

Tabitha Fawn 05-25-2012 04:51 PM

Yeah that's what I was planning on doing. Like I said, it being free definitely raises some suspicions with me. And I take it that TA is an Andalusian fan haha they're so beautiful, who wouldn't be :)

Joidigm 05-25-2012 10:00 PM

Shoooot, I know more than a couple people looking for an Andy gelding. Pass on his "sale" info!

ohfroggit 05-26-2012 10:28 AM

Oooooooooh.

Sorry, that's not at all helpful, but that's really my only contribution. Andalusions are GORGEOUS and I would definitely at least check him out. And/or pass on his info here! ;)

Tabitha Fawn 05-26-2012 09:15 PM

I've decided to at least go and take a look at the horse. I'll pass on info if I decide I'm not interested :)

flytobecat 05-26-2012 09:26 PM

Ya gotta look!

Almond Joy 05-26-2012 09:31 PM

I would stay stick with your heart horse. I think you'll regret giving him away when you look back on it.