The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horses for Sale (http://www.horseforum.com/horses-sale/)
-   -   If you are in driving distance of Lincoln NE, please consider helping this guy! (http://www.horseforum.com/horses-sale/if-you-driving-distance-lincoln-ne-124644/)

Cinnys Whinny 05-25-2012 04:37 PM

If you are in driving distance of Lincoln NE, please consider helping this guy!

1 Attachment(s)
I found this on Craigs list today. If Robo would let me pay board on another horse I'd go get the poor soul. He appears to just really need groceries. I've sent the link to local rescues, but I thought I'd let you guys know about him too...

Genital Thoroughbred gelding about 8 or 9 yrs old. Needs some tlc. Asking $500 or best offer.

Attachment 99607

platinumspurs 05-26-2012 01:06 AM

He looks like he's sweet. Poor thing. If I lived in NE I would take him in a heartbeat. Thanks Cinnys Whinny for trying to help him. Keep it up.

Roperchick 05-26-2012 01:10 AM

Awwwww im in HI otherwise id totally go get him. sad face.

Skyseternalangel 05-26-2012 01:11 AM

Posted on my FB feed. I have a few horsey friends nearby so we'll see.

midnighthighway 05-26-2012 01:23 AM

if anyone was able to bring him towards colorado i would totally take him. grey thoroughbreds are kinda my favorite (: looks like hes got a good personality and could be a good horse with some groceries

LovesMyDunnBoy 05-26-2012 01:43 AM

I saw it on your Facebook Sky, I wish I could.
Posted via Mobile Device

Skyseternalangel 05-26-2012 07:45 AM

This is kind of odd, but nearly every horse I see in that dirty skyblue halter is a rescue.. what's up with that?!

Maybe someone can go 50/50 on transport feed, Britt?? Idk.. I really hope he gets some help. He looks nearly as bad as when I got Sky.

If I had the money I would.. truly. But... only enough for Sky :/

Cinnys Whinny 05-26-2012 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skyseternalangel (Post 1517815)
This is kind of odd, but nearly every horse I see in that dirty skyblue halter is a rescue.. what's up with that?!/

Hey, CINNY wears a sky blue halter!!!!!

Anyway, good news...sort of. Epona Horse Rescue has just notified me that they can take this guy in. The only catch is that I have to have the guy relinquish him or otherwise attain him from him as they can't "buy" him, which I completely understand.

Also, she can't get him immediately, but within a day or so. I'm thinking I probably need my trainer or a friend to go with me with a trailer and have some help to talk this guy into relinquishing him or down in price and get him to a temporary safe haven until he can get to the horse rescue. So that is what I am working on this morning. I think worse case scenario I stick Cinny in turnout and use Cin's stall. Not sure if my current BO will go for that.

Cinnys Whinny 05-26-2012 11:39 AM

The plot thickens... I just called the guy to set up to go see the horse, I'm going in a few minutes. Apparently it was his brothers horse and he saw that the brother wasn't properly caring for it so he seized it from his brother. Sounds like I may be able to get him to surrender it to the rescue..... as he sounds like he just wants the horse to have a good home and get better. I'll let you guys know more after I look at him in person.

equiniphile 05-26-2012 12:44 PM

Subbing so I can find out how it goes!