The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Colors and Genetics (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-colors-genetics/)
-   -   Anyone know these lines? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-colors-genetics/anyone-know-these-lines-124667/)

TheRoundPen 05-25-2012 06:41 PM

Anyone know these lines?

7 Attachment(s)
Just curious what anyone knows about these horses.
Touched By Impress - 1989 AQHA Mare
Red Decks Lighting - 1990 APHA Stallion

I know the mares sire side, as in Impressive. I don't know any of the other horses really though. What did these horses show in if they showed at all?
Thanks
Posted via Mobile Device

Nokotaheaven 05-26-2012 03:38 PM

Is the horse you're speaking of, is he tested for HYPP?

ThirteenAcres 05-26-2012 03:44 PM

Can you link to the bloodlines?

I'd assume the sire is off Jet Desk somewhere?

TheRoundPen 05-26-2012 05:34 PM

7 Attachment(s)
Nokotaheaven - My mare out of these two horses is not tested, and as far as I'm aware of neither is Touched by Impress. She will be tested before she is ever bred, if we ever breed her.

ThirteenAcres - Sorry I didn't link them in the first place. Yes, the sire is Jet Deck 4 or 5 generations back. Here are the pedigree links
Touched By Impress Quarter Horse
Red Decks Lighting Paint

NdAppy 05-26-2012 05:42 PM

IMPO. Test her now. You need to know if she needs to be on a special diet and to be aware if she will have seizures from HYPP or not.

ThirteenAcres 05-26-2012 05:56 PM

Ok. I agree that you should have her tested. But if she's a registered APHA I thought that they required HYPP testing before registration now? I'm not sure how long ago they changed that?

She is probably too old to have been born after that requirement was changed.

The test is not only important for breeding but to make sure the horse itself will not start presenting symptoms.

As far as her lines go, she is off a lot of running stock and some foundation lines. The Jet Deck lines are classic barrel racing lines. Then there is Two Eyes Jack who is heavy foundation as well as Three Bars. Go Man Go was a QH race horse. (I may be missing some name because I'm switching back and forth links on my phone. Lol).

I also see some "Cash" names, but didn't go back far enough to see where Dash for Cash was.

Overall from just looking at the papers the horse should be speed bred and should be athletic. Do you have a pic? =)
Posted via Mobile Device

NdAppy 05-26-2012 06:06 PM

AQHA requires testing APHA and ApHC do not.

ThirteenAcres 05-26-2012 07:03 PM

Ah ok. For some reason I thought it was APHA because I thought the Impressive lines were paint lines.

NdAppy 05-26-2012 08:00 PM

Impressive was an AQHA horse, but lines tracing to him can be found in all three registries. IMPO any horse that has not been tested that traces to him should be (unless they are out of previously tested N/N horses). It just isn't worth the heartache. Grades IMPO should probably also be tested since you do not know what they do or do not carry as far as lines.

TheRoundPen 05-27-2012 11:42 AM

7 Attachment(s)
NdAppy - She is on a special diet for HYPP horses already. I have done my research on it and have talked to people about it and I know what to expect. We are fully aware of the seizures.

ThirteenAcres - No she is not currently registered. It would be a struggle I think to get her registered. I'm not sure if the mare/sire owners filled out all the paperwork to get her registered or not. She is a 2007 mare. I'll post a picture later on of her :)
I appreciate all the information. I had a feeling that was more of her breeding but I'm not 100% positive as I follow more of the cow horse lines.