The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Conformation Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/)
-   -   Can someone Critique this baby? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/can-someone-critique-baby-124712/)

ilostmyzipper 05-26-2012 04:09 AM

Can someone Critique this baby?

2 Attachment(s)
Im thinking about purchasing this baby. I lost my quarter horse which had a zippo pine bar blood lines and he was the most amazing horse i have ever had. I am now looking for another zippo horse, and found this one. He is 4 weeks old, and far away from me. i know it's going to cost me alot of money to get him here, so i want to make sure he is worth the money. He is double zippo on both sides of his sire and dam, hoping he will have a kind and gentle personality like my other horse zippy. If any one can look at him for me that would be awsome. I just don't know horse conformation very well. Thanks:-)

ilostmyzipper 05-26-2012 04:46 AM

More pictures of the baby

2 Attachment(s)
The owner sent more pictures to me of the baby. Let me know what you guy's think? I'm kinda new to looking at baby's. I guess he wanted to keep running and moving alot. It was hard to get a side profile picture:-P
I just need help deciding if he is worth the trip across country to get him. I so far am impressed with his build and looks. The breeder said he has an amazing personality. I will be sending a trainer and a vet out to look at him for me.

soenjer55 05-26-2012 04:58 AM

It's very hard to critique a foal :( He looks very cute, and gentle. I like his eyes!

ilostmyzipper 05-26-2012 05:11 AM

Thank you, i know it's scary not knowing really what they will turn out to look like. I am going to be hopefully using him for western pleasure show, and or dressage. Not really sure what he will like to do. :) My other zippy pine bar horse was 100% western pleasure and could not do dressage :( Oh well, a gem to ride:) smooth.

blue eyed pony 05-26-2012 06:06 AM

I really like him. Lovely shoulder, nice hindquarter, nice neck, beautiful face. Lovely short back. A tad over at the knee in the first pic but the other that shows his legs looks much straighter.

Being a QH, he'll most likely mature to be built a bit downhill (his movement is). Most QH are, the best you can hope for is level. That will make dressage harder for him, but QH aren't bred for English so by definition the things that are desirable for what they are bred for are different. He may well excel at speed events, cutting, anything that requires quick changes of direction. Downhill makes them faster - ever wondered why most TB's are slightly downhill? There's your answer.

I think he is a lovely example of a QH, at this point in time, and could well mature very nice.

franknbeans 05-26-2012 07:08 AM

He is adorable, but who knows what he will really be like or be good at. I would caution you about trying to get your old horse back. You can never go back. That is just a fact, and to buy this little guy because you think he will be the reincarnation of your other horse is not really fair to you OR him. He is a different horse. He will NOT be your other one no matter what you or anyone else does. If you get him, please go at it with an open mind and no predetermined ideas of what he will be like because he is bred similarly. His gaits may be rough, etc. I just don't want you to buy him for the wrong reasons.

Chopsticks 05-26-2012 11:34 AM

he is certainly a gorgeous little foal. that hip is amazing. do you have any pictures of older siblings with exact same parents? That might help a little to see how he will turn out. Are you wanting a foal to start with or are you open to older horses? I'm sure the forum folks would love to do a search for you!!

Chopsticks 05-26-2012 11:36 AM

http://www.dreamhorse.com/show_list.php

All of the horses with zippo pine bars 2 generations or closer.

ilostmyzipper 05-28-2012 11:22 PM

Help! I have to come up with names for the colt!

I have decided to buy this colt, and now i have to come up with a name for him. I have no idea what too name him. His Dam is name is Zippo Slidden by, and his Sire is Glow Nowhere. Can someone please help me think of something original? We are going to be showing him and need something catchy...thank you for your help! I have to give the quarter horse registration 6 names.:-o

Dreamcatcher Arabians 05-28-2012 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilostmyzipper (Post 1521555)
I have decided to buy this colt, and now i have to come up with a name for him. I have no idea what too name him. His Dam is name is Zippo Slidden by, and his Sire is Glow Nowhere. Can someone please help me think of something original? We are going to be showing him and need something catchy...thank you for your help! I have to give the quarter horse registration 6 names.:-o

How about Glowin' Hot Zippo? And just put your initials behind the name and you won't need 6 names. I name my horses with DCA behind the name, that way there's never a duplicate. So I'd be: Glowin' Hot Zippo DCA