The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Grooming (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-grooming/)
-   -   Tote or bag? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-grooming/tote-bag-124721/)

HorsieLove 05-26-2012 05:51 AM

Tote or bag?

Really random question! Do you prefer grooming totes ( solid ones, like fortiflex or wooden) or bags? I'm beginning to run out of space in my tote, but I think a bag would get dirty easily? So basically, I'm wondering what YOU think looks better, has more space, and is easier to clean? Thanks:)
Posted via Mobile Device

Skyseternalangel 05-26-2012 07:20 AM

I like bags (but totes are sorta the same thing..) The only downside is fur and stuff collects inside but that's how it goes for every brush container.

OwnedByAlli 05-26-2012 07:45 AM

i have a box n i love it! loads of room and easy to clean lolz

lkjhorse927 05-26-2012 08:49 AM

I like bags because they're easier to carry for me and can take up less room. They can also hang on stall doors or hooks in tack rooms.

MHFoundation Quarters 05-26-2012 08:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I can't get all my stuff in a regular tote. I use a rolling tool box, it's great for shows. Has a large area for brushes, clippers and bigger stuff, then there is a divided area that's great for extra curb chains, chicago screws, bands, etc.

This is a stock photo of the one I use
Attachment 99713

ARTEMISBLOSSOM 05-26-2012 08:56 AM

I prefer a bag for several reasons. I have a very limited space and it is easier to store I can just hang it on a hook. If I am taking it out to a paddock to groom a horse I can just put the strap over my shoulder freeing my hands up for something else. I can hang it on something so the horse doesn't accidently step on it while i am brushing him, and lastly it seems more durable I have broken every plastic tote I have owned usually by tossing something in it.

HorsieLove 05-26-2012 12:26 PM

Yum! The fatmax box looks great! I would probably end up getting one... But it's probably a bit too big to carry around with me;) although it would be great for shows! I appreciate the help guys! I think I'll try a bag, and see how it goes!
Posted via Mobile Device

Stoddard 05-26-2012 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MHFoundation Quarters (Post 1517877)
I can't get all my stuff in a regular tote. I use a rolling tool box, it's great for shows. Has a large area for brushes, clippers and bigger stuff, then there is a divided area that's great for extra curb chains, chicago screws, bands, etc.

This is a stock photo of the one I use
Attachment 99713

This is an amazing idea, I might follow suit. I don't show, but where I keep my filly is a big area and the barn that I keep my tack in is a ways from where I tie the adult horses to groom.

Otherwise, the pros to a bag would be finding one you can machine wash. Plastic totes are easy to clean by dumping or rinsing them, but some people have to buy two or more for all their supplies.

Saddlebag 05-26-2012 01:36 PM

Mine is a plastic milk crate. Dirt falls thro the bottom plus it holds plenty.

Meatos 05-26-2012 02:14 PM

I was just thinking today that a bag would be much easier than the totes my barn has. The tack room is in a separate barn from the crossties/arena so you have to walk a bit to get all your stuff and doing it all in one trip can be cumbersome.