The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Cutting and Team Penning (http://www.horseforum.com/cutting-team-penning/)
-   -   Paints Horses in the cutting world (http://www.horseforum.com/cutting-team-penning/paints-horses-cutting-world-124858/)

Linda18352 05-27-2012 01:58 PM

Paints Horses in the cutting world

Hello My husband and I were recently to a cutting event here East texas
we are new to the cutting scene and are curious why there weren't many paints . I would say out of 150 or so riders...only two paints in the whole event ...Does anyone know why this is ??

Kayella 05-27-2012 06:43 PM

There may very well have been more paints out there than you thought. There are obvious paints, with the large spots and such. Then there's the "breeding stock" paints, who are solid in pattern, but a paint.

Linda18352 05-28-2012 02:23 PM

paint horses in the cutting world

Yes,there are solids....last night we went to the Texas Star Arena and spoke to a gentleman whom did very well last night with his Pepto Bismol gelding,I asked him the same question,and his response was that the paints just dont have the right breeding anymore..so they aren't in the money...so not as popular as in earlier years...
Since we raise paints with cutting blood ..it has given me a goal...to alert everyone we need to bring them back..not just in cutting....people got to wrapped up in colors instead of good stock lines and temperment

cowboy bowhunter 05-29-2012 11:18 AM

More than 96% of the horses competing in NCHA
events are Registered American Quarter Horses

That is straight off the ncha website.

You do have some out there that are paint cutting horse sires. The biggest i can think of in color me smart. by smart little lena.

cuttinmom 05-29-2012 01:53 PM

My husband trains cutting horses,He has won $ 250k + in LTE, in the Northwest and We ride an awesome paint mare! She just had a paint colt and we are leggin her back up in June so he can show her for the last yr of aged events. Let me know if you need any help! there are some good ones out there. you just need the right person to help you! elrodcuttinhorses@gmail.com

MangoRoX87 06-07-2012 11:25 AM

Just bumping in here, I know the couple that owns Texas Star, they are wonderful people!!
Posted via Mobile Device