The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   Horseback Wedding Dresses (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/horseback-wedding-dresses-124965/)

Stoddard 05-28-2012 02:20 PM

Horseback Wedding Dresses

So, out of boredom, I was thinking of a neat dress to have custom made for modeling on horseback, and in the end, the dress I thought of would be just as perfect for a wedding. I intend to do a (really cruddy) rough sketch, and I'll be happy to post it here.

In the mean time, anyone ever had a wedding on horseback? What were the dresses/clothes you wore?

Skyseternalangel 05-30-2012 07:21 AM

Too young for marriage but I know in the olden days they used to have women in full dress sit side saddle.. and their dresses were very poofy!

I'm not sure if I would want to be mounted on a horse for my wedding.. hmm..

What did you have in mind, OP?

Rancher 05-30-2012 09:16 AM

I got married on horseback. She wore jeans. The JOTP was on foot. I was on a stud and somebody in the wedding party had a mare coming into estrus so my boy was a bit figity.:wink:

Stoddard 05-31-2012 12:01 AM

I was thinkng of a dress with lightly padded shorts under it. Both sides will be long so as to cover it and drape to look pretty. Then have a belt to tie around my waist with a long lace to not only be dragged along the ground, but to drape over the horse's rump.

Skyseternalangel 05-31-2012 12:18 AM

That sounds very beautiful :)

KarrotKreek 05-31-2012 01:27 AM

You should google Cavalia and check out the pics of the female riders in their "dress" outfits. Basically they have very wide legged, free flowing pants. This is covered by an over skirt that is split both front to back and side to side. The back section of over skirt is long enough to drape over rump of horse. The front layers with the pants and looks like a double skirt.

Bobby Lee 05-31-2012 08:49 AM

I'm mildly disappointed by this thread. I read it wrong and was hoping to see that some nut had designed a wedding dress for a horse.

MN Tigerstripes 05-31-2012 08:53 AM

My friend was married on horseback with a beautiful long "dress", the bodice was beaded and all sparkly like a normal dress. The "skirt" was very wide legged cream satin pants. It was very pretty.