The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

WARNING VERY GRAPHIC ~ the inside training of the Tennessee walking horse

6K views 46 replies 31 participants last post by  Jewelsb 
#1 ·
I'm sorry for posting such a awful graphic video but people need to be aware of this cruelty. i was so upset and angry watching this

#3 ·
THAT IS DESPICABLE.

Keep in mind though that those clips are from one training stable. You cant condemn all for the actions of one.

But on another note I'll like a few minutes alone with anyone involved with that stable. Some gasoline or anything caustic...and maybe some chains. Yup, that'll do.

#7 ·
yes i know
i wasn't judging the whole discipline but i thought that particular stable was horrifying.
i mean they ****ing beat the horse with a stick ,whipped it and jabbed it in the face with an electric cattle prod all because it was in too much pain :mad:

if i ever got to meet them.....

#10 ·
Omg i feel sick after watching that! I feel sooo sorry for them poor poor horses. No horse should have to go through that.
Them people need to realise what they are doing is sooo wrong!!!

#11 ·
If this is illegal than why is it happening? Instead of taking the time to edit a video about this ~ get the law involved!! This should not be happening :(

This made me absolutely sick..
Posted via Mobile Device

#38 ·
If this is illegal than why is it happening? Instead of taking the time to edit a video about this ~ get the law involved!! This should not be happening :(

This made me absolutely sick..
Posted via Mobile Device
That video was made by the Humane Society by an undercover operator at the stable to document that particular trainers activities and to publicize the actions still out there in some barns the industry.

#15 ·
No words.
None.
I'm not going to go into details about what I'd like to do to that man, because I could probably get arrested for even saying those things.
Anyone who does this. Anyone. Has NO sympathy from me.
My belief is that just as there are people that are 'deformed' on the outside, there are people that are 'deformed' on the inside...
People that can do these things, anything like this, should be, frankly, put down.
That guys been in it since 1979... He's not going to change.
I dont understand why the industry doesn't ban the stacks and the chains. Would decrease the cases by a lot imo. The stacks do enough damage without soring- to the ligaments and tissues. Not to mention the issues the rest of the horses body will get from moving in such an unnatural way.
The most ironic thing is that as far as i know- these horses were bred- this gait was bred to be comfortable and effortless for horse and rider.
I dont think it looks like it is... I think it looks ridiculous. Heres a great video that will REALLY put how ridiculous it looks into perspective. index
(Sorry for the violent nature of this post- but I cant stand cruelty to animals- or people. I also do not mean to offend anyone here- religious or otherwise. I'm not talking about the TWH industry as a whole)

#23 ·
Watching that made me physically ill.

I don't like to think violently, but give me 10 minutes in a room alone with that trainer, or anyone else who does that to a horse KNOWING the pain that it causes, they might not come back out.

Those kind of people aren't worth the horse **** that they step in.

#24 ·
i agree with you all...... and the sad thing is they all look like nice horses :( to tell the truth , even if it was the ugliest thing i had ever seen , i still would have reacted the same :(

like most of you, it made me sick and i had tears running down my face
i think they should get a taste of their own medicine...good on the person who jailed a trainer- i think a better punishment would be to put stuff on THEIR legs until it burns through the ligaments and when they physical cant walk , whip them and hit them and shove an electric cattle prod in their faces and make them walk rediculously unnatural untill their bodies hurt! (sorry to any TWH people just in my opinion)

i was horrified.....

#25 ·
It made me want to puke when they had the horses canter. Other than the buckskin, it looked horrifically painful for those horses to canter.. And watching them move their rear legs is awful.
But like alot of sports involving animals, people will do anything to win, so when something keeps being given awards and money, more folks will copy.

#31 ·
I own a wonderful TWH that I bought the day he was weaned.
I do not need to watch the video, I am aware of the abuse at the top levels.
I think you can find it in almost any discipline, if you look hard enough.

Maybe someday it will stop, but as long as people care more about winning against other people than they do living creatures, it won't.

#32 ·
Wow, that's horrible...I can't imagine what kind of pain those horses are forced into from that. I mean no wonder they're laying down half the time! I don't think they have much of a choice, it's either suffer through pain even more by standing and putting pressure where it hurts, or laying down to ease it even if a little bit at the risk of getting in trouble.

As I see it, horses are people too, and if only they could speak, I'm sure we'd be getting ear-fulls every single day!!

If I worked in that stable like that lady in the video did, I'd do everything in my power to make sure they were stopped, horses are too beautiful to even think about hurting, it's just so sad. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.