The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Dressage (http://www.horseforum.com/dressage/)
-   -   Fell in LOVE with this bridle, but is it acceptable in the ring? (http://www.horseforum.com/dressage/fell-love-bridle-but-acceptable-ring-125096/)

Cinnys Whinny 05-29-2012 01:01 PM

Fell in LOVE with this bridle, but is it acceptable in the ring?

I know I can do whatever I want for schooling.... but I'm wondering if you guys think this is acceptable in the show ring. It's just like the standard black bridle with white padding, only the padding is turquoise.....

Schooling only? Or lower level show ring okay??? what do you think?

FSS German AQUA MINT GREEN Comfort Padded Poll Crank Dressage Show BRIDLE Reins | eBay

Corporal 05-29-2012 01:02 PM

I can't say for sure, but I'll bet you can't. I can see WHY you fell in love with it--REALLY pretty.

kitten_Val 05-29-2012 01:24 PM

Cinny, personally I wouldn't get it for shows. It's very bright and you'll look off (although I agree it's a nice one).

Cinnys Whinny 05-29-2012 01:35 PM

Yeah, that's pretty much what I figured too... For schooling I think it would match our other stuff and look cutsie :)

Speed Racer 05-29-2012 01:35 PM

I'd buy it to hack in, but not to show.

Kayty 05-29-2012 10:07 PM

Definitely not to show, maybe if you were jumping/eventing, but not for dressage.
I've got an FSS bridle for dressage, you can go a little crazier with colours on the browband if you get the crystal browband. My bridle is white padding with a little gold piping on the noseband, with a very fine link diamonte browband in subtle rainbow colours. I love it, it gives a little bit of colour to my otherwise boring horse's face!

MyBoyPuck 05-30-2012 09:27 PM

With dressage, you can have any color you want...as long as it's black. Definitely not a dressage bridle! It is cool looking though.

With Grace 05-30-2012 09:40 PM

I'm wondering how much of the padding would REALLY show when it's on? I say get it anyways, but thats the enabler in me talking.

IslandWave 05-30-2012 09:41 PM

I'd show in it. But that's just me. ;) I'd ride with my starry helmet cover if I weren't showing my trainer's horses. I rode all last season (Including at our regional championships) in my navy hunt coat. It only has three buttons.

Kayty 05-30-2012 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by With Grace (Post 1524793)
I'm wondering how much of the padding would REALLY show when it's on? I say get it anyways, but thats the enabler in me talking.

You'd be suprised!!! It shows up very clearly on them, particularly if you've got a dark coloured horse