The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fell in LOVE with this bridle, but is it acceptable in the ring?

5K views 21 replies 14 participants last post by  Tnavas 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Cinny, personally I wouldn't get it for shows. It's very bright and you'll look off (although I agree it's a nice one).

Reactions: Kayty
#6 ·
Definitely not to show, maybe if you were jumping/eventing, but not for dressage.
I've got an FSS bridle for dressage, you can go a little crazier with colours on the browband if you get the crystal browband. My bridle is white padding with a little gold piping on the noseband, with a very fine link diamonte browband in subtle rainbow colours. I love it, it gives a little bit of colour to my otherwise boring horse's face!

#22 ·
There is no such rule that dressage tack has to be black!

2. For Training, First and Second Level tests and FEI Pony tests, a plain snaffle bridle is required with a regular cavesson, a dropped noseband, a flash noseband (a combination of a cavesson noseband and a dropped noseband attachment) or a crossed noseband. Except for the FEI Pony
tests, a crescent noseband is also permitted at these levels. Except for the crescent noseband, buckles and a small disk of sheepskin, which may be used in the intersection of the two leather straps of a crossed noseband, the headstall and cavesson/noseband of the bridle must be made
entirely of leather or leather-like material. A padded cavesson/noseband and crownpiece are allowed.
A browband is required, and except for the parts that attach to the crownpiece or headstall, is not required to be made of leather or leather-like material.

So technically there is no reason why you shouldn't be able to use the mint trimmed bridle - it's very pretty and for me the 'old fashioned' person to like it is quite remarkable. Not sure if I would use it in a test, however with the amount of bling found on dressage horses these days it's actually quite discreet.

Oooh! I've just noticed it comes in brown leather as well with the mint lining. hmmmmmmmmmmmmm! I feel a credit card transaction coming on.

#8 ·
I'm wondering how much of the padding would REALLY show when it's on? I say get it anyways, but thats the enabler in me talking.

#16 ·
LOVE the FSS bridles - have a black rolled leather one with black padding (playing safe) with the patent noseband and brow band. I love it - it's SO SNAZZY.

Rolled Crank Cavesson with Patent
I can't bring myself to get anything with patent leather :lol: Maybe if I had a horse with a REALLY nice head, and that was 100% consistent in the bridle - otherwise I think they just draw attention to the head and you makes it so much more obvious if there is any unsteadyness in the bridle.
And the patent riding boots.... *vomit* :shock:

#18 ·
Good on you! It's nice to have attractive gear - but make sure it suits the horse or it ends up looking terribly tacky rather than attractive. I really think that simple elegance in dressage is the way to go. I'm a big fan of a thick noseband with this browband (if the horse's head suits). If you have contact issues, don't go for a super bling browband, it just does you and the horse a disfavour. Use the bling bridle/browband when you've mastered contact as a reward!

#21 ·
I know I can do whatever I want for schooling.... but I'm wondering if you guys think this is acceptable in the show ring. It's just like the standard black bridle with white padding, only the padding is turquoise.....

Schooling only? Or lower level show ring okay??? what do you think?

FSS German AQUA MINT GREEN Comfort Padded Poll Crank Dressage Show BRIDLE Reins | eBay
I know this is an older post, but I just found it. Anyway ... it really shouldn't be listed as a dressage show bridle. My understanding is you can have black on black or black on white, but that is it for shows. Now maybe a local schooling show wouldn't be so bad, but if you are going to buy one, I would get one you could use for all your shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.