The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   A Horse Ad about YOU (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/horse-ad-about-you-125104/)

ThirteenAcres 05-29-2012 01:42 PM

A Horse Ad about YOU

Last night in the wee hours of the morning with no sleep, ShinaKong and decided that the most amazing forum topic would be to post a horse ad as if it were /you/ that was being sold. So. What would YOUR ad say to advertise you to the world as the best (or worst) "buy"?

I'll go first:

Short, stocky 1987 model mare with a little age, but we like to call her "seasoned". Has a gimp or two ever so often, but still has some years left. May need some chiro work done to reach full potential. Not easily spooked, but can have her "mare" days. Has produced one very intelligent filly with nice conformation. Homozygous for the pasty gene.

Definitely has a quarter horse rear end. Not a picky eater. Pretty low maintenence, but needs to be stalled sometimes due to sunburn.

Knows the barrel pattern and has chased a few cows in her day.

Up to date on all vaccinations and recently had teeth done.

Make offer!

XD

katbalu 05-29-2012 01:48 PM

Since when is a 1987 model AGED !?!
Posted via Mobile Device

Rascaholic 05-29-2012 01:49 PM

This is funny. Maybe I should have DH write mine ....then again never mind LMAO

kait18 05-29-2012 01:50 PM

bahahaha when i get to a computer i will try this :P

BarrelWannabe 05-29-2012 02:26 PM

Ba! I'll give it a try. I'm going to do two. One for craigslist, and one that is actually going to make sense.

Craigslist:
mare 4 sail not sure how ol but she is stil young enuff to buck a rider an kick the fairier never ben bread was gona have her bread to my doc bar grate-grate-grate-grate-grate grandson but she kicked his fron teeth out She aint ben road in a few years need her feet don, No papers askin 3500 obo
I might trade for a truck, 4 wheeler, stud horse, ????

Ok, let me regain my ability to used correct english and grammar.

I have a very nice mare for sale. She is a 1994 model registered palomino Quarter Horse mare. Standing just under 15.2 hh, she is a very stout, strong, and correct mare. She has a little age to her but don't let that fool you. Currently being used in a lesson program for intermediate riders as well as for smaller children on the leadline. As a 4-8 year old, she was used as a barrel/pole horse and averaged in the 2D and ran a 21-13 second pole pattern. After that, she was used to gather cattle and doctor calves until she was 12. Then she was sent to a dressage trainer for 6 months. She then began jumping and was up to 2' 6" before we brought her back for the lesson program.

Knows her leads, flexs, collects well and is an all around seasoned mare. Would make a suitable intermediate beginner's mount. She will test her rider but only to the limits of the rider. She would also make a great low level show jumper and dressage horse, and might even be an eventer with a little work.
She is up to date on all shots, teeth, feet, and chiro. Stands for the farrier, ties, lunges, trailers and tacks up great. Doesn't need shoes but has fronts on. I'm asking $8500. Price negotiable to the right home.

ThirteenAcres 05-29-2012 02:30 PM

Haha. Very nice! And days like this, this 1987 model FEELS aged.
Posted via Mobile Device

MHFoundation Quarters 05-29-2012 02:42 PM

Fun thread!

Here goes

"Stocky, aged alpha mare. Well trained but has little tolerance for rookie mistakes. Very loyal until you treat her wrong. Has had one foal, has a tendency to want to kill her young so not a great broodmare prospect. Extremely competitive, will darn near kill herself to succeed. Hard worker that loves the good life. Premium feed only, no sweet feed or un-tasty filler. She has shown in reining, cutting, working ranch horse events, penning, hus, hms, sms, trail, jumping, western riding (has A+ lead changes) and all speed events. A little too out of shape for the halter pen. AND she's pretty much priceless but make an offer."

petitepyromaniac 05-29-2012 02:44 PM

1988 light chestnut mare for sale, in foal to local stud. Shown second level dressage when she was younger, as well as jumped small courses. Currently she is out of shape and would need a lot of work. She also (desperately) needs her teeth done. Quite lazy, and very mareish. $1200 OBO. Will trade for a kitten.

ThirteenAcres 05-29-2012 02:49 PM

Ahahahaha. Love the part about killing her young!
Posted via Mobile Device

MHFoundation Quarters 05-29-2012 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petitepyromaniac (Post 1522528)
Will trade for a kitten.

:rofl: Now that's great!