The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Grooming (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-grooming/)
-   -   $1 hoof treatment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-grooming/%241-hoof-treatment-125115/)

Riding2myDreams 05-29-2012 04:40 PM

$1 hoof treatment

I live in Florida and right now its that time of year that we gets tons of rain, our horses feet get awfully nasty and we begin to see problems. Well I discovered a great way to keep up with their hooves during this season. I'm not sure if this is already widely known but at the dollar tree they sell a foot powder called ' Medicated triple relief formula Body powder' It absorbs moisture and cools. I have been powering my horses hooves with it everyday after picking them, covering the while frog and sole and I have yet to see their feet getting icky from this crazy rainy weather I've been dealing with. Another plus to this powder is that I've found if you put some on theory heels as well where they sometimes get that nasty fungus, it helps keep that down as well. I just thought I would share this amazing, cheap fix with all of you.
Posted via Mobile Device

equine711 05-29-2012 04:44 PM

That is a really good idea! I will be sure to try that out! Thanks!

Saddlebag 05-29-2012 07:32 PM

Scholl's puts out an anti fungal foot powder.

Almond Joy 05-29-2012 08:23 PM

Oh, I'll have to look next time I go to my local dollar store! Oh, how I love that place.

Skyseternalangel 05-30-2012 02:25 AM

Theory heels?

Riding2myDreams 06-04-2012 03:55 PM

It just says 'Body Powder' in big bold letters and then ' triple relief formula' in smaller letters. Hope it helps with your horses like it does with mine
Posted via Mobile Device

Hoofprints on my heart 06-04-2012 06:38 PM

thanks ill have to try that with a little girls pony thats always got bad fungal in its hoofs