The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Breeds (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/)
-   -   What breed/breeds do you think she is? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/what-breed-breeds-do-you-think-125191/)

ear0722 05-30-2012 04:38 AM

What breed/breeds do you think she is?

7 Attachment(s)
This is "Riot". No one really knows her exact breed my trainer and I think Arabian (she has the attitude lol). It doesn't really matter I'm just curious to see what other people think. She's still gaining weight and needs more muscling (I haven't had her for very long so I'm working on it). She's about 14'3 and 7 years old. She has that "float" when she moves which I've been told is very Arabian like but I don't really know Arabians so I don't know.

Attachment 100172

Attachment 100173

Attachment 100174

Attachment 100175

Attachment 100176

Attachment 100177

Attachment 100178

Chiilaa 05-30-2012 04:41 AM

Definitely an Arabian. Probably pure from the looks of her.

ear0722 05-30-2012 04:47 AM

That's what I was hoping to hear :) I don't know a whole lot about Arabians but she looks like one to me too. Thanks for your input!

Skyseternalangel 05-30-2012 05:38 AM

Has that arabian dish to her head.. very nice :)

Back2Horseback 05-30-2012 06:53 AM

I'm 100% SURE there is ARAB in her, as it is quite easy to see that from her uber "dishy" head, from her slight, delicate frame, and in the photo of her moving, the way in which she carries herself-though many other breeds do carry similarly, they do not have the sort of build which she does...

I read in your post that you are putting weight on her, and of course that is good, and given that info, I think I might be more likely to call her an Arab + ??? once I saw her with more weight on...I say that for ONE reason only, and that is her mouth-area.

Of course, not ALL Arabs will conform to the breed "standard", however, her muzzle, to ME doesn't have exactly that "teacup" muzzle required for the "perfect" Arabian type; where the forward aspect of the muzzle comes almost to a point in "the best" of the purebred Arabians, as if it could fit into a delicate teacup with ease...

(I apprenticed as a breeder/trainer at an Arabian breeding/show farm when I was 17-19, so, of ALL of the hundreds of breeds in the world, Arabs just happen to be the breed I might actually happen to recognize and KNOW :oops:...well, maybe QH's too, but that is ONLY because I live in Az, where EVERYONE either rides an Arab or a QH!! (STEREOTYPE ALERT!!) :wink:

BELIEVE me, these are not MY assertions, this is what the breeders whom I was learning from taught me is all!! To me, "the best" can vary GREATLY!!

Anyway, I imagine that as she puts on more weight and bulks up a bit, perhaps some of the traits of whatever secondary breed she "may" be mixed with will show themselves, and thus, the muzzle variance, in accordance with some other typey-aspect of this mystery breed, will come together and make everyone go "Ah-Ha!" She is TOTALLY an Arab/----- cross!! :-P

Anyhow, either way, even in her present "weight gaining state", she is JUST STUNNING....what a lovely girl you have--you lucky duck!! Enjoy her!! :lol:

Faceman 05-30-2012 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiilaa (Post 1523540)
Definitely an Arabian. Probably pure from the looks of her.

Yup...a non-typey Arab - the muzzle isn't typical, but you can't miss that Arab eye. If she has any mix in her I sure don't see it...certainly not a Quarab as she is way too narrow and too light boned for any QH mix unless it's 2 or 3 generations back...

ear0722 05-30-2012 04:21 PM

The only other thing I can come up with is possibly a saddlebred/arabian. Guess the arabian is a sure thing though ;) for $200 bucks can't really go wrong with her, she's a sweetheart and I can tell she's going to be a great horse! Thanks for all the replies!

dbarabians 05-30-2012 09:55 PM

I see a lot of Arabian in her.
As some one pointed out not all arabs have that extreme dish.
There are different strains and some have more of a straight profile.
I have a purebred Arab mare that everyone thinks is a morgan or morgan cross.
That is a nice looking horse. Good luck Shalom

shandasue 05-31-2012 05:08 PM

Maybe a little saddlebred in there? thats what i see in the third picture but its very, very likley that im wayyy off.
Posted via Mobile Device

Nokotaheaven 05-31-2012 05:15 PM

For some reason to me when i see her head and general bone structure she reminds me of a standardbred. That would conclude why her muzzle is non-arab like. I'm thinking maybe an arab saddlebred cross, with her maybe being 3/4 arab