The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   vacation thread... again (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/vacation-thread-again-125240/)

farmpony84 05-30-2012 04:07 PM

vacation thread... again

Ok... so... driving it's...

33 hours to yellowstone
25 hours to Denver with a half point of St. Louis
32 hours to Houston
20 hours to Key West

I'm liking the Denver idea... but what would I do when I got there?

farmpony84 05-31-2012 11:45 AM

OK...

What about Clearwater Beach FL - anyone been? Reviews?
Fort Meyers FL
Key Largo?

I'm now thinking hit florida beaches. Maybe one day at one of the keys but it's such a long drive to get there, is it worth it?

3 hours if we stay in Fort Meyers and 5 if we stay in Clear water.

Other beach reccommendations?

I wouldn't mind seeing Winter and she's in Clearwater and then again, I'd love to swim with the Manatees but that's in Hermosa... there is a dolphin swim in Key Largo...

Help with ideas please?

looking at August time frame but I like to try to get as much paid for in advance as possible....

kitten_Val 05-31-2012 12:11 PM

FP, make up your mind and stop confusing the hell out of us all! You either go to Denver or you go to FL! Not both in same time! :lol:

farmpony84 05-31-2012 12:51 PM

LMAO.

I personally want to do something like Montana or Colorado... or Canada or... Maine...

But the boys want to do a beach so I was trying to comprimise but you can't because there are no beaches in the midwest so we are stuck on the east coast and I've been all up and down the coast and I just want to do something different but the boys always win so we are going to a beach so they can stare at hot chicks in bathing suits. So my comprimise comes in my dolphin/sea lion/manatee excursions...

someone help me!!!!!

farmpony84 05-31-2012 12:52 PM

when I say up and down the coast I mean NY to FL. I would like to go beyond NY but it's cold there and... and full of rich people.....

Speed Racer 05-31-2012 12:53 PM

Go to Maine or Vermont. They have beaches, and it's GORGEOUS!

kitten_Val 05-31-2012 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by farmpony84 (Post 1525881)
But the boys want to do a beach

I loved beaches at Daytona Beach in FL. The only down point - there is nothing else to do there.... If you decide on Maine Bar Harbor is very beautiful place to go (lots of hiking, mt lakes, and you can go to Canada from around there too). The problem with Maine (I went there in June) - the ocean was VERY cold (however we went to swim in mountain lake and it was awesome).

farmpony84 05-31-2012 04:28 PM

I do want to go to maine. I'm thinking husband will nix it but it would be super neat I think.