The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Grooming (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-grooming/)
-   -   Silly quirks? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-grooming/silly-quirks-12530/)

firemom1 07-31-2008 06:09 PM

Silly quirks?

Does your horse have a silly grooming quirk that makes you laugh, if so share!!

I'll start. My horse gets washed in a wash rack with black matts on the floor. He is standing in cross ties during this time. I hose him off then soap him aup and then stand way back adn rinse him off. He will do a wonderful jog in place with his front feet all upset, cause of the white bubbles from the soap. He is afraid of the soap bubbles and moves all over and snorts trying to get aawy from them!! Silly boy! He has not misbahaved more than this so I just think it is funny!

Harlee rides horses 07-31-2008 10:12 PM

My mare doesn't do anything while grooming exactly but after I ride her or take off her halter she yawns for forever and then plays with her teeth and lips like she has something in her teeth.

xNigelx 07-31-2008 11:06 PM

When Nigel is getting a bath he steps on the hose so the water pressure dies. He is too smart for his own good.

horsey*kisses 07-31-2008 11:39 PM

diablo askes for a drink of water and puts his nose on the opening of the hose so the water comes back and hits me loland he swishes his tail when its wet spashing me with water

rubyrules 08-01-2008 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xNigelx
When Nigel is getting a bath he steps on the hose so the water pressure dies. He is too smart for his own good.

Hahaha. That's great. I love smart horses. =]

Ruby just hates water. Period. She always moves around while I'm washing her down and acts like I'm being a horrendous owner. :roll: There was ONCE where she stood still because it was like...over a 100 degrees (Fahrenheit). Silly horse. But when I put the water at her mouth she'll drink it. It's funny and cute.

ilovemyhorsies 08-01-2008 06:38 AM

sometimes when i wash vince he bites the wire fence...gets his teeth around it and gives it a hard chomp....maybe his way of dealing with water even tho he was washed almost every week (for shows) a few years ago..

Sara 08-01-2008 10:15 AM

Wikke likes to drink out of the hose. Also, once I wet him down, he'll start licking the water off any part of his body he can reach, usually his shoulder. He doesn't mind being sprayed except for one place: the tip of his tail. Not the hair part, the flesh and bone part. You'd think I just goosed him, the way he humps his back and stands on his toes.

RelentlessDream 08-01-2008 11:12 AM

Scooty wont stand still. He'll go around and around and around me forever!!! Which then i tie him and he gets mad and he'll bend around to look at me and have this face that just says, "BUT MOM!!!!!" Its really cute. Then when I give him a bath, he wont stop bugging me until I give him a drink of water. He'll drink and drink and drink. when hes done, he'll step on the hose. :lol:

Kirsti Arndt 08-01-2008 02:31 PM

Sonny grabs the plastic trash can lid and frisbee's it at me

FoxyRoxy1507 08-01-2008 03:04 PM

i think i have the greates funniest quirk ever, my horse i swear has ADD so bad.

i ride him in a Tom Thumb Pelham, and trust me it's bc he likes it, i know that sounds weird but he does. Well whenever we're standing too long, he starts shaking his head up and down to play with the chain! i mean how weird is that, lol.

I remember once we were at a show and all the horses were lined up in the middle to receive our ribbons and everybody else was standing quietly and of course, it took too long and my horse gets bored and starts shaking his head up and down to plain with his curb chain, omg was i embarassed! lol he doesnt do it at shows ne more, when he did it that one time he was only 4 but he still doesnt at home to keep himself occupied, i have a weird horse!