The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   How much would you pay for this saddle? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/how-much-would-you-pay-saddle-125456/)

QHDragon 06-01-2012 01:39 PM

How much would you pay for this saddle?

Billy Royal brand, 16 inch seat, full quarter horse bars, lots of REAL silver everywhere. Leather is soft and supple and the ride is to die for.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-e...204_195132.jpg

After all the drama I went through to get this saddle I can't believe I am thinking about selling it, but if my surgery at the end of June is successful I want to put all my efforts back into dressage (my passion) and not so much into the western stuff.

CJ82Sky 06-01-2012 02:07 PM

i have no idea on price, but that is one seriously beautiful saddle!!!! it's gotta be worth a ton!!!! good luck with your surgery!

cowgirl928 06-01-2012 04:41 PM

maybe get it appraised by a saddle maker. If there isn't one in your area that specializes in Western saddles take photos and email them to one! It will give you a good idea of its worth from a professional :) plus it looks good in an add to say that the saddle was checked by a professional and is in great shape

Fingerlakes 06-01-2012 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QHDragon (Post 1527337)
Billy Royal brand, 16 inch seat, full quarter horse bars, lots of REAL silver everywhere. Leather is soft and supple and the ride is to die for.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-e...204_195132.jpg

After all the drama I went through to get this saddle I can't believe I am thinking about selling it, but if my surgery at the end of June is successful I want to put all my efforts back into dressage (my passion) and not so much into the western stuff.

Give ya 1000 for it.

xJumperx 06-01-2012 05:36 PM

Since it's a Billy Royal in really nice condition, + the fact it was obviously made for show, I would say ... 1000 or higher. But don't take less.

We have a Billy Royal. No silver or anything, but it's a show saddle. It's the cheapest show saddle I liked, and it was 600. Again, that's with no silver, and no where near that detailed. Pretty much just a weave pattern throughout.

IF I were in the market, I would give 1200 as my top price. Fingerlakes' offer sounds really fair ;)

kjcoble2678 06-01-2012 05:59 PM

Well the brand "Billy Royal" is along the lines of Billy Cook, Circle Y, ect,,,,

Lots of silver, good shape, I would put a price tag of around 500 - 800 depending on where you are located.

Saddlebag 06-01-2012 06:08 PM

The qh people want the light colored saddles. Morgan folks prefer the dark. If there are some Morgan web sites that might be a good place to post. Look for freebie sights first like Kijiji and Craigslist.

Kayella 06-01-2012 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saddlebag (Post 1527705)
The qh people want the light colored saddles. Morgan folks prefer the dark. If there are some Morgan web sites that might be a good place to post. Look for freebie sights first like Kijiji and Craigslist.

I doubt the owners of a breed would prefer one color over another. I have a paintxQH and I personally think he'd look best in a dark color, so I'd want a dark color. I would say it depends on the color of the horse or the owner's preference, not its breed.

That saddle is gorgeous. I'd buy it for my baby, but he won't need one for another three years!

jumanji321 06-01-2012 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kayella (Post 1527713)
I doubt the owners of a breed would prefer one color over another. I have a paintxQH and I personally think he'd look best in a dark color, so I'd want a dark color. I would say it depends on the color of the horse or the owner's preference, not its breed.

That saddle is gorgeous. I'd buy it for my baby, but he won't need one for another three years!

Actually, AQHA competitors do prefer light oil to dark oil in the show ring right now. Most QH competitors will have a light oil saddle with lots of silver on it.

Kayella 06-01-2012 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jumanji321 (Post 1527766)
Actually, AQHA competitors do prefer light oil to dark oil in the show ring right now. Most QH competitors will have a light oil saddle with lots of silver on it.

That's really odd. Even if it looks bad on their horse?