The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Conformation Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/)
-   -   Judge my Youngters comformation. (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/judge-my-youngters-comformation-125608/)

PrettyLilSweety 06-02-2012 09:15 PM

Judge my Youngters comformation.

3 Attachment(s)
So this is my young pain in the pics below shes about 1 1/2 to 2 1/2yrs but shes a lil over 3 now so yeah shes still growin the pics are from different times of her growth. shes a slow grower so shes not ridden yet prob not till shes 4. Anyway i just want to know peoples opinion on her conformation because i would like to show her at some point.

spurstop 06-03-2012 09:00 PM

Need better pictures.

lilruffian 06-04-2012 07:43 PM

Cute filly :D
Just judging from those picturse, what i can tell is that she has a decent shoulder and a nice, short back.
Over at the knee in the front legs and cowhocked in the back.
Sharp slope to her croup but she should develope into a beautiful little horse.

horseandme 06-05-2012 06:28 PM

has a very nice head and butt. looks like her neck might be long? not sure .my horse was a late grower too. he is 7 now and last year he finally grew into his big self. She will be GORGEOUS!

soenjer55 06-05-2012 06:34 PM

She's beautiful. The one thing that jumps out to me is that she is over at the knee and cowhocked, like lilruffian said. Overall, I think she looks very compact. Short back, average pasterns, her bone looks a bit on the lighter side to me. Her pasterns look like an average length. I like her shoulder, it looks to have a good angle, and her butt is nice and powerful. Overall, I really like her body, not to mention she has nice color ;)
What do you plan on doing with her? I kind of see her doing barrel racing, does anyone else?...

BubblesBlue 06-05-2012 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soenjer55 (Post 1533615)
What do you plan on doing with her? I kind of see her doing barrel racing, does anyone else?...

I can see the barrel racing in her. She's downhill and it helps a lot with barrel racing since they have to get down and go around the barrels. Plus she looks like she's going to be an athletic son of a good with pretty good confo and a nice hip. I also agree that she is a little cowhocked and over the knee but nothing serious that'll be any problem later on, or so I think.

PrettyLilSweety 07-09-2012 11:01 PM

thanx everyone sorry the pics suck. i do mostly trail riding and work cattle

blue eyed pony 07-10-2012 10:47 AM

ANY horse can do trails to some capacity. I'll address the stock work.

I think she has the look of a horse that can get down and turn quick, accelerate fast, and stop fast. In other words, physically, she has the look of a horse that would make a GREAT cow horse. Question is, how cowy is she? THAT will dictate how well she does working cattle.

As an aside, my level-to-uphill, long-backed anglo arab is a pretty handy "cow" horse, and he's definitely NOT built for it! I tried "cutting" a horse with him and once he figured out what I wanted him to do I barely had to touch him. I know another anglo arab that's built similar, just with a shorter back, and she's a top campdrafter (do you have campdrafting in the US?) having won state champ A grade horse in her youth. It's more about the cow sense than the confo.

All that being said, I really like your girl. I have a weakness for chestnut overos, especially splash/sabino/frame combination overos like her... I wouldn't buy her myself, because I ride jumpers and she's not built for it, but she looks like she'll be a fun ride and she should do what you want her to do.