The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Everyday boots! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/everyday-boots-125757/)

Prinella 06-04-2012 08:09 AM

Everyday boots!
 
I'm in the market for some new boots. I ride English.

I'm often on my feet all day 3 or so days a week, this includes plenty of running.
I don't want to have to change boots to ride
I'm a poor uni student
Our ground is really hard! I'm either on hard ground or concrete
I want something waterproof!

Am I dreaming? I currently have a pair of ariat terrains thati've had for a year. They are coming apart at the seams, I'm a bit disappointed.

Any ideas?

PaintLover17 06-04-2012 12:04 PM

My ariat boots (style is called breeze I think) are very comfortable and, best of all, washable! You're feet will still get slightly wet if you drench them but water does not affect the leather at all. They also felt completely broken in when I first put them on. They're a little more expensive (around $120 I believe) but worth the price.
Posted via Mobile Device

Prinella 06-04-2012 10:23 PM

Low 100s is doable! It's just once it's starts hitting 160 it's pricey! What I liked about the terrains was they were as comfy as runners!

Joidigm 06-04-2012 11:00 PM

I've been looking too. I wear Dublin River Boots as my every day all day (and because of work, I'm on my feet 5 or 6 days a week from 8 up to 10, 11, sometimes 12 hours a day, and on my days off I will ride in them) but after 1 - 1 1/2 years, the inner boot at the heel is starting to fall apart. Surprisingly the inner lining is fine, and there is almost no wear on the sole, despite these boots spending almost all of their time on concrete and tile. So now I am also on the search for another pair of do-all work and ride boots. I was thinking Justins or Ariats work/western boots. Something slip on and go in comparison to my english Ariat tall boots which lace up (and need a boot puller or secondary person to take off lol).

I have considered Fat Baby's, if I can find them to ever try on for fit. :? But I can't which is why I've been looking at the rubber soled Justin work boots/western boots. I tried the leather sole on concrete and tile, I ain't doing that again. So it has to be rubber, and has to have a riding heel, and MUST be a pull on boot. Oh and it must fit my foot, which has absolutely no arch to keep a boot on. I know. :shock: I'm so difficult. :wink:

PaintLover17 06-05-2012 12:38 AM

I found the Ariat breeze boots a schneiders: Ariat® Heritage Breeze Zip Paddock in Paddock Boots at Schneider Saddlery
Defitely the most confortable boots I've ever owned, and still going strong after almost a year of hard use. I also have the same half chaps which are great too. They start to look dirty and scuffed up so I throw them in the washing machine and they come out looking brand new! Im pretty sure the boots can actually go in the washer too but I've been too nervous to try. A quick spray with the hose always gets them clean.
Posted via Mobile Device

enh817 06-05-2012 01:51 AM

How is it that everyone else's Ariats last so much longer than mine?
I've had 3 pairs, none of them made it through a summer's worth of hard ranch work :\

My Justin's have held out quite a bit better, but I also haven't been quite as rough on them.


What about something like the boots they sell at stores like LL Bean? I'm not sure if we're allowed to link to things like that, but if you google 'LL bean boots' you'll see them. The ones with the rubber. I've never worn them, but I often see people wearing them. A couple of my friends who ride English have them and they'll wear them for trail riding and such. I've been thinking about getting some myself. I know there are other companies that sell them besides LL Bean, but I'm drawing a blank right now...

Prinella 06-05-2012 03:00 AM

I'll have a look if the site EVER LOADS!

was even debating just a plain pair of jod boots with insoles

enh817 06-05-2012 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joidigm (Post 1532310)

I have considered Fat Baby's, if I can find them to ever try on for fit. :? But I can't which is why I've been looking at the rubber soled Justin work boots/western boots. I tried the leather sole on concrete and tile, I ain't doing that again. So it has to be rubber, and has to have a riding heel, and MUST be a pull on boot. Oh and it must fit my foot, which has absolutely no arch to keep a boot on. I know. :shock: I'm so difficult. :wink:


I recently got a pair of the Gypsy boots from Justin's. I haven't put them to any hard work yet, but I'm really happy with them so far!

enh817 06-05-2012 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prinella (Post 1532594)
I'll have a look if the site EVER LOADS!

was even debating just a plain pair of jod boots with insoles


OH! Lands End is one of the other companies that has them.



I'm wanting to find boots that are waterproof AND insulated, but don't cost an arm and a leg and aren't hideous. Only ones I've found so far are some mens work boots from Justin's that fit the mold -- but they aren't too attractive :\

Joidigm 06-05-2012 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaintLover17 (Post 1532473)
I found the Ariat breeze boots a schneiders: Ariat® Heritage Breeze Zip Paddock in Paddock Boots at Schneider Saddlery
Defitely the most confortable boots I've ever owned, and still going strong after almost a year of hard use. I also have the same half chaps which are great too. They start to look dirty and scuffed up so I throw them in the washing machine and they come out looking brand new! Im pretty sure the boots can actually go in the washer too but I've been too nervous to try. A quick spray with the hose always gets them clean.
Posted via Mobile Device

Are they comfortable enough to stand all day in? I haven't tried venturing into english boots for work, because I don't know if they would be comfortable for that long. I can wear my Ariats for a few hours during lessons and barn work and be fine, but tall boots are a pain to drive in lol. They have to be comfortable for 8 hours or more on concrete. I'm literally looking for all day every day boots for work. :shock: I don't sit down behind a desk, I stand behind a counter all day long.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:20 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0