The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Meet the Community (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/)
-   -   New member from the Midwest (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/new-member-midwest-125780/)

BarrelCowgirl 06-04-2012 12:01 PM

New member from the Midwest

Hi everyone! I'm new to this site.

I stumbled acrossed it today and decided to join. I do believe I've stumbled on this site once or twice before.

About my horse life:
I've grown up around horses all my life. I can't remember a time where horses weren't a part of my life. I spent a lot of my time on horse ranches, camps and even a breeding farm run by family members.

I was given the chance to own horses for many years. I sadly made the decision to sell my 3 horses 2 years ago, to try and pay for college. It was a heartbreaking decision, and I kind of regret it.

After selling, I got the chance to lease a horse for a few months, until money was an issue for a struggling college student.

I've since put my horse life on hold for the moment, until I am able to save for a trailer, boarding, vet, farrier, horse, upkeep and put away money incase of emergencies.

I'm hoping and praying that I can own a horse again one day.

gigem88 06-04-2012 01:35 PM

Welcome to the forum. Don't worry, you'll get there again.

BarrelWannabe 06-04-2012 01:39 PM

Welcome to the forum! We hope you enjoy being a member and are able to learn new things!

As for your current situation, where there is a will, there is always a way!
I'm in the same boat you are.

BarrelCowgirl 06-04-2012 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gigem88 (Post 1531322)
Welcome to the forum. Don't worry, you'll get there again.

Thanks Gigem88! I hope so, I'm staying postivie. I'm still very young, so I'm confident I will get the chance again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarrelWannabe (Post 1531328)
Welcome to the forum! We hope you enjoy being a member and are able to learn new things!

As for your current situation, where there is a will, there is always a way!
I'm in the same boat you are.

Thank you BarrelWannabe! So far, I've learned a lot lol. I really do like it here.

You got that right. It feels good knowing there are others on the forum in the same situation I am. (:

HorseLover2011 06-04-2012 07:04 PM

welcome:)and to help you with your 'horse withdraw' theres actually ALOT of nonprofit barns in the Midwest that need more volunteers,just a suggestion,its what i did:]

HorseLovinLady 06-04-2012 10:52 PM

Welcome to the forum!!

BarrelCowgirl 06-05-2012 10:32 AM

Thank you HorseLover2011, I'll look into that.

Thank you HorseLovinLady!

texasgal 06-07-2012 10:39 AM

Charm and I say "Welcome!"
http://www.horseforum.com/members/45...mall-29697.jpg

Transformer14 07-01-2012 04:51 AM

welcome to horse forum :)
that must of been heart breaking

Skyseternalangel 07-01-2012 05:05 AM

I hope you can too!! You'll get there :)

Welcome!