The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Breeds (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/)
-   -   MINIATURE SHETLAND PONIES! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/miniature-shetland-ponies-1258/)

hsharp123 03-24-2007 05:01 PM

MINIATURE SHETLAND PONIES!

Hello all,

I have recently moved my two horses onto my own land to cut down on livery expenses!

However now when i take one away to a competition or even for a ride around my cross country jumps (that are in the same field!!)the other goes mad and gets very stressed!

I have bee looking to get a pair of mini shetlands to keep them company and also to break to harness and have abit of fun with? Does anybody know much about them? Temperament wise etc??

Thanks,

elz x

Robyn-Niagara 03-24-2007 05:04 PM

well..... i heard that shaetlands have a fantastic character!!!! :D but they also have the little cheeky side of them! but either way, sound perfect for what you want them for!!!!

meggymoo 03-24-2007 05:06 PM

I have a friend who owns about 12 of them! I think they're super little equines! All hers have wonderful temperaments, no nipping etc. They all get on really well too, she has them in a large field with 2 tb and a Shire! :D

I cant see you having any trouble with them.

Horse_love999 03-24-2007 07:13 PM

Well my neighbor, has to miniture stallions, they are soooooooooooo cute! And are very fun to play and mess around with. Their temperments aren't like crazy and hyper all the time, there usually pretty calm and loveale. =]]] I hope you get some!

-chelsea-

hsharp123 03-25-2007 04:31 PM

Hey megs mom! Do you think your friend knows where i can get two?

Elz x

meggymoo 03-25-2007 04:53 PM

Hi! :D I'll phone her 2moro and see if she can give me some good breeders etc.... x

meggymoo 03-26-2007 09:02 AM

Hi Elz, I spoke with my friend, she normally buys her little ones from a breeder is Leicester. They have a website www.highedgestud.co.uk They're lovely people that run the stud. Thats what my friend says anyway! lol

Once before she's bought from another stud in Berkshire www.snelsmore.co.uk (think I've spelt it right)

:D