The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Memorials (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-memorials/)
-   -   Goodbye (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-memorials/goodbye-125900/)

Tayz 06-05-2012 06:10 AM

Goodbye

BigBoy was put down today. The vet gave us 1 week with him and he made it 2 weeks. He went off his feed a day or two ago and it was hurting him to make the effort to lie down which was really heartbraking to see. We have been debating it and trying to figure out whens best to take him in and get him put down but everytime we've made excuses and felt like it wasnt right but today we felt it was time. For the last 3 weeks hes been sleeping inside in the same two spots and for the first time in a while he spent the whole day out under the tree in the sun and after tafe today mum picked us up and before we went to feed the horse we went and put him down. I was in tears before we even got there and the vets were kind as i pat him, kissed him. Before they took him in to put him asleep i asked to give him one more hug and i got the best hug i've ever had from him in my life. Just thinking of it makes me tear up. I just held him close to my chest. Then mum made me give him to the vet and then i gave him three more kisses before mum made me leave and we went and stood outside and about 5-10 minutes later she bought his body out to us in his cat carrier wrappped in a blanket. When we got home it was dark so we created a box and put stickers, put his name on it, stickers saying i love u, love hearts and i looked at him and his body was so peaceful his face so relaxed and peaceful.

I'll miss him to the end of my days but I know hes not suffering anymore. I got my birthday ring back today(it got sent to be resized) It haas 3 amethyst stones on it and i feel like the big middle stone is bigboy. I know this is gonna sound ridiculous but it feels right to make the stone in the middle bigboy.
I've never lost a cat before and BibBoys been with me for 13 years give or take and he had a bad life to start of with but he found us and i can still remember the day i met him. All the funny times we've had, my biggest regret will be the fact he couldnt live forever with me.
I love him to my deepest core and hes not 'just a cat' to me.
http://i46.tinypic.com/34s3595.jpg

PintoTess 06-05-2012 06:11 AM

Oh im so sorry to hear that! Best wishes for you xx
RIP <3

Skyseternalangel 06-05-2012 06:31 AM

Rest in Peace, sweet kitty.

My condolences.

Cacowgirl 06-05-2012 07:15 AM

You made the right decision & I like the ring idea. You will carry him in your heart-he was a beautiful cat.

Tayz 06-05-2012 07:44 AM

Thankyou guys. I remember now we were leaving the vet and mum wwas listening to her music and the song that was on was i miss you when your gone. it was so sad and mum pointed it out and i just burst into tears. He really did have a big place in my heart.

Tayz 06-05-2012 07:54 AM

this was the song i played the way home crying to.

redpony 06-05-2012 08:04 AM

Awww....He was gorgeous! Its wonderful you had such a long time with him, even though you will miss him, find peace in knowing you did the right thing for your beloved baby. R.I.P Bigboy and (((hugs))) to you from another kitty lover
Posted via Mobile Device

HorseLovinLady 06-06-2012 02:03 AM

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Tayz 06-06-2012 09:22 PM

Thankyou guys. its been almost 2 days now and it feels like 2 years. I miss him.