The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Texas Horse Friends (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/texas-horse-friends-125927/)

texasgal 06-05-2012 01:42 PM

Texas Horse Friends

I know Texas is a big state but I thought it would be nice to have a thread so Texas folk can communicate and get to know each other.

This can be a place of just getting to know each other, discuss our horses, share ideas, or knowledge, keep each other informed on events, functions, sales, news, etc.

What do ya think? Check in and let's begin!

We (DH and DD15) live in Montgomery County.
We have 5 acres.
One Arabian mare .. in the market for a horse for husband/daughter.
I raise chickens, have rabbits, 2 dogs and a flying squirrel.

gigem88 06-05-2012 02:13 PM

Orange County here.

We have 10 acres, 1 Arabian mare and foal, 1 Arabian gelding, 1 retired QH (son's & hubby's babysitter!), 6 Angus, 2 dogs, 2 cats and chickens.

Just getting healed from a bad horsey accident and itching to get back in the saddle!

texasgal 06-05-2012 02:39 PM

Oh, bummer on the accident.. sounds like you are on the mend, though. I've been through Orange County a few times (like every time I head out of Tx headed east!) ..

texasgal 06-06-2012 08:23 PM

Who's praying for rain the next couple of days? Meeeeee! Whoot!

TexasAndi 06-06-2012 08:30 PM

I am in Tarrant County and we have just a hair under 5 acres. I have a 10 year old Mustang gelding and a 16 year old Paint mare (she's a solid Paint though). I have 2 boys and a husband, 3 dogs, 2 cats, 2 mice, and a hermit crab. LOL! We hope to have chickens by next spring. This is our first time owning horses and we are loving it.

And it is raining here! We need it but it did put a damper on my plan to work with my gelding tonight. That's ok....the rain is more important! :)

texasgal 06-06-2012 08:38 PM

You've got rain! Yay!

I'm glad you're enjoying your horses.

You'll LOVE chickens ... well, I love mine anyway... if you have questions, feel free to ask.

*waiting for my rain to get here*

Tejas 06-06-2012 09:05 PM

I'm near Austin in HAYS county. I have 2 horses. Misty and Ollie. Misty is an App and Ollie is a Paint. I don't get to ride as often as I like so I spend my time at work oogling over everyone else's horses and stories :)
Nice to meet ya'll! Howdy!

Houston 06-06-2012 09:12 PM

Houston is home sweet home for me, but I'm currently living on the complete other side of Texas right now in El Paso. After El Paso I'm either moving back to Houston or to Austin since I LOVE it there.

No horses of my own, but I am leasing a lovely QH and hope to own in the hopefully not too terribly distant future once I get more experience under my belt.

texasgal 06-06-2012 10:05 PM

I'm thinking about keeping a list of user names and either the county they live in, or the "area" of Tx .. like Hill Country, Panhandle, Gulf coast, etc. What do ya'll think? It might be fun as the list grows to see where everyone is located and who is near whom ... ?

Tejas 06-06-2012 10:20 PM

Please do! Im really glad you started this thread! I hope to find some horsey people near me