The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Conformation Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/)
-   -   Critique my horse (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/critique-my-horse-126088/)

horseandme 06-06-2012 06:49 PM

Critique my horse

these are the best pics i could get.

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-...44752048_n.jpghttp://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-...85492253_n.jpg

Horses4Healing 06-07-2012 02:16 PM

from what I can see he has nice straight front legs with no "bowing out" or faults like that. The second picture is hard to tell if his legs are set under him or if it is how he is standing (I'm going to say its how he's standing although his back legs look like he has them tucked well under him) Will be much easier to tell if he stands under himself if you could get a picture of him standing square, on flat land.

Nice deep girth and a good sized barrel (looks proportionate to the rest of him)

Is he young? Looks like he might be built downhill, or a little butt high, but he could just be standing downhill.

I like his thick chest and the angle of his shoulder and length of his arm (measured from the point of the shoulder to the point of the elbow) He should be able to extend well.

Again, the things I see "wrong" are more than likely due to odd pictures. And a thing to remember about confirmation judges (anyone who gives advice) is that everyone's views are different and also that different disciplines have different ideals.

Hunterjumperforlife 06-07-2012 09:49 PM

I'm definitely not a conformation expert, but I did notice a few things. His croup is quite angular, and he lacks muscle in his hind end. I like how wide his chest is, but his shoulder looks a tad upright. In the second picture he looks light of none, but that might be the angle. His legs a rather straight, although it looks like he toes out in the *slightest* way. Neck looks a but too skinny.

Some more pics might help! :) anyway, what a gorgeous colour!

Hunterjumperforlife 06-07-2012 09:50 PM

Whoops! I meant light of bone. Silly autocorrect. >.<

waresbear 06-07-2012 10:11 PM

Something is wrong with your horse, his head is missing.

Cowgirlali 06-09-2012 12:58 AM

He's also missing another leg! Whoa, a 3 legged horse!! :P

horseandme 06-09-2012 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Horses4Healing (Post 1536649)
from what I can see he has nice straight front legs with no "bowing out" or faults like that. The second picture is hard to tell if his legs are set under him or if it is how he is standing (I'm going to say its how he's standing although his back legs look like he has them tucked well under him) Will be much easier to tell if he stands under himself if you could get a picture of him standing square, on flat land.

Nice deep girth and a good sized barrel (looks proportionate to the rest of him)

Is he young? Looks like he might be built downhill, or a little butt high, but he could just be standing downhill.

I like his thick chest and the angle of his shoulder and length of his arm (measured from the point of the shoulder to the point of the elbow) He should be able to extend well.

Again, the things I see "wrong" are more than likely due to odd pictures. And a thing to remember about confirmation judges (anyone who gives advice) is that everyone's views are different and also that different disciplines have different ideals.

Yeah sorry he was in the pasture and I had less than a minute because I had to go to a show.He is standing down hill a bit. will try to get better pictures soon. thanks so much :)

horseandme 06-09-2012 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hunterjumperforlife (Post 1537367)
I'm definitely not a conformation expert, but I did notice a few things. His croup is quite angular, and he lacks muscle in his hind end. I like how wide his chest is, but his shoulder looks a tad upright. In the second picture he looks light of none, but that might be the angle. His legs a rather straight, although it looks like he toes out in the *slightest* way. Neck looks a but too skinny.

Some more pics might help! :) anyway, what a gorgeous colour!

Ha ah his neck is not as skinny as it looks.weird angle there haha. Yes his butt is to small and not muscular. He has just been wormed so he should get bulkyer. I ride him everyday and I am now starting more barrel racing so his butt will defintally shapen up. thanks =)