The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   Helmets! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/helmets-126140/)

Prinella 06-06-2012 11:26 PM

Helmets!

Why do you always need things all at once!

I need 2 new helmets.

1 for hunting

And 1 for everyday riding.

At the moment I'm using the Dublin onyx which I quite like but does get hot.

Why do all the helmets seem to have those stupid silver line things

huntjumpliz 06-06-2012 11:34 PM

Silver line things? Like the vents??

Joe4d 06-06-2012 11:51 PM

can you get a tippery sportage where you live ? They are comfortable and well vented and not very expensive.

Skyseternalangel 06-07-2012 01:05 AM

Do you have a tack store nearby?

Day Mares 06-07-2012 11:02 PM

HiYa. May I refer you to Horse Supplies Direct an Australian online supplier? They have a range of different helmets for different activities. Let us know what you end up with?

I got my helmet through them and it is perfect for trail, beach and road riding. It is lightweight, safe and comfortable and most importantly it fits well. I had been riding in my daughter's cast off Dublin Onyx and it was too small. Now I have a helmet all of my own :)

Prinella 06-08-2012 08:54 AM

I do have a horseland and a saddle world near me. Horseland seems to have a really limited range.

The horze one looks decent. Would it pass for a few days hunting while I get a pretty one?

Haven't checked HSD I used them extensively for bandages. Will do that now.
Posted via Mobile Device

Speed Racer 06-08-2012 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poloprincess (Post 1537496)
I just bought this Baltimore helmet from horze.com... it's the best thing ever for everyday riding! It's the most lightweight helmet on the market, it's so comfortable and it's ventilated (without that ugly silver lining) so it'll be perfect for the summer and save your head from getting all got and sweaty! :) Not to mention it's only $50... best graduation present I could have gotten myself!

Horze Baltimore Helmet | Horse Tack & Riding Apparel

I don't see any vents on that helmet. It also looks like a hunt helmet, not an 'everyday' one. :?:

Nice looking helmet, and I could see using it for foxhunting. I have my Tipperary Sportage for trail riding/hacking.

ElvenAngel81 06-08-2012 11:31 AM

The vents are usually found on GPA's and CO's, along with the IRH ATH (I think that's it?) Those are usually seen in hunter/huntseat shows. If you're just doing hunter riding, like lessons, or schooling shows, you could use GPA's, CO's, Troxel (I have a Grand Prix Gold that I LOVEEEE!) and then IRH has some-- must be SEI/ATSM certified.

As for an everyday one, I ride in my IRH helmet that is a little dated and can't be used in IHSA shows. Also, my trainer makes us wear an ATSM/SEI certified helmet for lessons if we're jumping.

Prinella 06-09-2012 05:36 AM

Elven Angel, I've just started fox hunting so can be up to 4 hours in the helmet.

Sadly horze won't ship to aus.

The Tipperary sportages look good for everyday.

Surely there'll be some decent end of year sales around.

Somedays money would fix all problems!

chukka 06-14-2012 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speed Racer (Post 1537976)
I don't see any vents on that helmet. It also looks like a hunt helmet, not an 'everyday' one. :?:

Nice looking helmet, and I could see using it for foxhunting. I have my Tipperary Sportage for trail riding/hacking.

Speed Racer, I've actually used that helmet before and it actually is really ventilated. I think it would look fine in a schooling show or a lower rated show, but it should definitely be used as an "everyday" helmet.

I found this video with more about it. It's a bit long (and kinda goofy!!!), but I figure if you're going to invest in a helmet, you might as well know what you're buying :thumbsup:

Also, I'm pretty sure horze does ship to Australia. Or, at least they have a wholesale website for australia, so if anything you could call them and I'm sure they could tell you where to find their products

http://www.horzewholesale.com.au/