The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Conformation Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/)
-   -   Who wants to critique miss NIKE? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/who-wants-critique-miss-nike-126143/)

LindseyB 06-07-2012 12:15 AM

Who wants to critique miss NIKE?

5 Attachment(s)
So this is my new girl miss Nike just recently got her and had posted on the other forum about breed and majority of comments suggest that she might be a Quarad Quarter horse/Arabian...so heres her pix she is right at 14h. A few others suggested I post pix of her here to get comments about her conformation.

tempest 06-07-2012 12:18 AM

Not the best of photos for a conformation critique, but people may be able to tell you some about her. I'm not help with anything regarding conformation. Sorry. She does look like an Arab/QH cross. Definitely has Arab in her though.

Skyseternalangel 06-07-2012 12:20 AM

Well these aren't really good conformation pictures since she isn't squared up in any of them.

But I can definitely see the possibility of her being a Quarab or at least some Arab in there.

She has a very defined high wither. She has some under-muscling on her neck so it appears thick. With properly carrying herself and being ridden correctly that will slowly go away. Nice angle to her shoulder, not too steep or shallow.

Can't say much else :/ She's pretty.

LindseyB 06-07-2012 12:33 AM

only reason i posted on here is cuz someone commented about her pasterns and yes i need a pic of her squared up lol only have had her since friday so ill take more pix too.

Skyseternalangel 06-07-2012 12:35 AM

LindseyB, did you have a pre-purchase exam?

stevenson 06-07-2012 12:35 AM

her hind legs / pasterns remind of some Pasos that i have seen.
Arabian yes. quarter possibly. I dont know if its the way she is standing
but her hind pasterns look 'odd'

LindseyB 06-07-2012 12:37 AM

i think its cuz shes not squared up cuz n person she doesnt look odd, to me she looks like she has a heathy slope. Previous owner used her as a trail horse...said she was the most sure footed horse she has ever been on.

LindseyB 06-07-2012 12:41 AM

lol now you got me lookin at pasos....lol she a heinz 57

Skyseternalangel 06-07-2012 12:43 AM

Maybe even a Morab?

Morgan X Arab.

But are you going to answer my question: Did you have a pre-purchase exam?

ThirteenAcres 06-07-2012 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevenson (Post 1535782)
her hind legs / pasterns remind of some Pasos that i have seen.
Arabian yes. quarter possibly. I dont know if its the way she is standing
but her hind pasterns look 'odd'

I agree. I've seen pasterns like that on Paso Finos as well. Is she gaited?