The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Jumping (http://www.horseforum.com/jumping/)
-   -   Critique my two-point? (http://www.horseforum.com/jumping/critique-my-two-point-126150/)

EnglishElegance 06-07-2012 01:10 AM

Critique my two-point?

1 Attachment(s)
I ride this little Arabian gelding (just leasing him, on the search for buying my own horse, preferably Thoroughbred!) :) Please critique my two point. I know the shot isn't at the best angle, but that's the only one I got. Joker was finally semi-behaving himself (it's a shocker :wink: ) So I decided I'd jump him! I'm a H/J - Jumper, and will be competing hopefully a lot with my new horse this year. So I want to improve my two-point. Suggestions would be loved! :) Thanks so much, everyone!

JumperGurl 06-07-2012 01:52 AM

Well it's hard to tell, but from what I can see... Your shoulders are back, your hips are closed and your heel is down and underneath you. And nice auto release!

BUT best part about this photo is definitely your face...sorry but that's a classic right there!!!

EnglishElegance 06-07-2012 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JumperGurl (Post 1535912)
Well it's hard to tell, but from what I can see... Your shoulders are back, your hips are closed and your heel is down and underneath you. And nice auto release!

BUT best part about this photo is definitely your face...sorry but that's a classic right there!!!

Ohmygoodness! well, first of all, thank you so much! and second.. Oh I just knew someone was going to comment on my face. (; lovely, isn't it? xPPP

Tnavas 06-07-2012 02:19 AM

Looking good - I'd like to see your lower leg a little further forward and the weight more down in your heel, the follow through is a nice line but your hand could be a little further forward.

Any chance that you could post a side on pic as it would be easier to critique

EnglishElegance 06-07-2012 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tnavas (Post 1535928)
Looking good - I'd like to see your lower leg a little further forward and the weight more down in your heel, the follow through is a nice line but your hand could be a little further forward.

Any chance that you could post a side on pic as it would be easier to critique

Okay, I'll try doing that (: Thanks! And no, I don't have any pictures from the side :cry: (our computer died and along with it all our pictures.. :/) But I will try and get a side picture soon and show it to you guys. :-)

HunterJumper4Ever 06-08-2012 11:04 PM

I'd say your position is rather nice. :3
Though, for when you do jump higher, I would suggest keeping your heels pointed down, and your leg closer to the girth.

CharliesMom 06-09-2012 01:03 AM

You're position looks great actually, I'd like to see hands just a smidge forward and a little more weight in your heels, but your shoulder/elbow/hip/ankle line looks really great from this angle. Wish my 2 point stayed like that all the time!